Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Davy to pack up his clogs?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It wasn’t accurate at all. The bit about him holding on to the ball too long and leading to turnovers of possession is absolute crap. And to be honest, he is ready for a top 6 side now too. He would improve all of their midfields except for Liverpool.

Bissouma has always been under rated on here by a lot of posters and clearly by you too.

He turns the ball over a lot. Just because one hasn't led to a goal, doesn't mean he can't improve that.

So he's better than World Cup winners Pogba and Kante? Premier League winners Fernandinho and Gundogan?

I rate him very highly but your hyperbole is embarrassing.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Nothing, Propper is not making the squad and Burn is getting subbed on ahead of a left back.

Propper has been injured to start the season.

Had Lallana not been fit for the last game, with Bissouma's suspension, our midfield would have been Alzate and Molumby with Sanders off the bench. So yeah, I think Propper would offer something.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Propper has been injured to start the season.

Had Lallana not been fit for the last game, with Bissouma's suspension, our midfield would have been Alzate and Molumby with Sanders off the bench. So yeah, I think Propper would offer something.

Propper proved against Preston he's fit enough but Molumby was preferred as back up for Lallana

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hope not, good quality squad player is Propper, he’s lost his starting spot but an injury or 2 and he’s a more than capable replacement, also the competition and not being first pick might be good for him. I like Propper, it’s unfortunate we turned a dynamic midfield player into someone that always looks like he’s chained down and playing within himself.

Worth remembering as well our starting three appear to be Lallana, Alzate and Bissouma, all of whom have had injury issues at times.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hope not, good quality squad player is Propper, he’s lost his starting spot but an injury or 2 and he’s a more than capable replacement, also the competition and not being first pick might be good for him. I like Propper, it’s unfortunate we turned a dynamic midfield player into someone that always looks like he’s chained down and playing within himself.

Worth remembering as well our starting three appear to be Lallana, Alzate and Bissouma, all of whom have had injury issues at times.

Not sure we have a starting CM 3 - potentially it’s 2 with our ‘typical’ formation (if there is such a thing in Potter’s mind) - 3 CBs, 2 WBs, 2 CMs and 3 up front.

V interested to see who starts v Everton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

But Propper is still well down the pecking order. Does he want to stay mostly on the bench, or not? If he wants to go, and someone offers a decent price, then go. We'll promote Molumby.
If he wants to stay, well, he's a safe pair of hands if others are injured - but would he really want that?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
But Propper is still well down the pecking order. Does he want to stay mostly on the bench, or not? If he wants to go, and someone offers a decent price, then go. We'll promote Molumby.
If he wants to stay, well, he's a safe pair of hands if others are injured - but would he really want that?

I agree, I think he deserves more but such is how others are playing that he finds himself down the pecking order, that’s just something footballers have to accept, we’ll see, like you say he might not want to be a squad player.

It’s hard to envisage Alzate, Biss and Lallana staying fit all season and so he could end up getting more game time than you might think, I can’t see us letting Stephens go if Propper was about to be sold, unless we are in for someone else that is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree, I think he deserves more but such is how others are playing that he finds himself down the pecking order, that’s just something footballers have to accept, we’ll see, like you say he might not want to be a squad player.

It’s hard to envisage Alzate, Biss and Lallana staying fit all season and so he could end up getting more game time than you might think, I can’t see us letting Stephens go if Propper was about to be sold, unless we are in for someone else that is.

Molumby incoming perhaps? Well, technically staying, but becoming a vital part of our CM options?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm not sure I get all this he hasn't been played in advanced role stuff to prove how good he really is ,.

I cant believe that CH or GP would not have actually tried him there in training games , my conclusion being, he wasn't much cop further forward either , we now have BETTER options than Propper but he's still a excellent back up squad player , and that's what successful teams have all the way through the squad .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here