Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz League 2020- Autumn Season

Would You Like The Points System To Remain As It Is Or Not ?

• Keep It As It Is

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • As It Is But With Bonus Points For Top Scorers

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The autumn season is due to start in October once entrants have been confirmed.

As it stands, the leagues will remain the same with the promoted/relegated teams moving as shown.

New entrants are invited and anyone who wishes to participate no longer should indicate below. Please let me know either way. Please, ONLY commit if you can deal with answering 15 questions a week and getting your answers in within four days. Sounds easy, but there was still too much chasing last time out. Each week takes about three hours admin and chasing adds to this. Please confirm or withdraw your entry as soon as you see this and no later than next Friday (2nd).

New procedures and rules

1) The leagues may need some other movements depending on confirmed entrants. All teams who stayed up in Division One and were promoted from Division Two are guaranteed to be in the top flight. If anyone drops out, or the leagues are expanded, new entrants to Division One will be determined by where players finished in the Merit League and NOT the final tables from last season.
2) The scoring system has been slightly amended. The top quarter of round scorers in each game week, and each league, will be awarded TWO BONUS points. This rule is provisional and will be re-assessed once the final leagues are formed before we start.

E.g Brighton Supporter wins two out of their three pairings in a round= 3 points awarded x 2= 6 points

Brighton Supporter is also in the top 25% of overall scores in their league for that round= 2 additional points
Total points for the round = 8.

This rule is designed to redress some of the acute injustices that can happen now and then without taking away some of the random fun that the competition allows.

Edit: See above poll.

The League Cup has been scrapped.

[MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]* [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=14797]albionalbino[/MENTION] [MENTION=33723]Bod[/MENTION] [MENTION=27150]Coldeanseagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=27196]gordycom[/MENTION] [MENTION=34159]Hampden Park[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION] [MENTION=11929]Higham Seagull Army[/MENTION] [MENTION=41147]Jeremiah[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12862]madinthehead[/MENTION] [MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4361]Shirty[/MENTION]* [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION]* [MENTION=97]Toronto Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION] [MENTION=5194]NEASTGULL[/MENTION] [MENTION=28260]Seagull Saz[/MENTION]

1.png

2.png

3.png

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm still in.

Not sure about the bonus points, as only getting a point having got 9 right, or winning when having only scored 4 surely is part of the fun and the random match scheduling, but happy to see how it goes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gone on and on

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm still in.

Not sure about the bonus points, as only getting a point having got 9 right, or winning when having only scored 4 surely is part of the fun and the random match scheduling, but happy to see how it goes.

I'm not sure about it either. But the 10th placed team in Division One answered more questions correctly than the third placed team, so there needs to be a little balancing without taking the fun away too much. The actual match results will be unaffected. There's just a couple of bonus points up for grabs.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION] [MENTION=11929]Higham Seagull Army[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] (Not sure if your response is a yes or no to entry !) [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION]

Poll added. Please vote as you may have missed it due to already responding.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yes please - I know it benefited me but I’d keep the scoring system simple. You can only beat what’s in front of you.

No bonus points in a league ...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm in ... and also like the injustice of shit luck causing what could be considered a diabolically unfair result (but only in this game).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here