Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When were you last this cross watching the Albion?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is football. Can posters please be sure to use the correct terminology:

Cross -》'Disappointed'

Incandescent with rage -》'Very disappointed'

And

Boiling piss and BP of 200/120 ->> "vocally dissapointed"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK. I'll bite and mention when I actually was cross at the football. It happened during Hughton's last season at a couple of home games. Pretty much the same team that had done nothing the previous game was trotted out again, and were doing exactly the same ponderous buttock-clenchingly pointless death march around the back and up the side and round the back and up the other side and round again. Then bish bosh and Bournmouth or some other member of football's Illuminati were one up.

I'd done my usual 80 mile drive to get to the match. It was a nice day. And I was sat there watching thin characterless shite. I think the earliest I walked out was at round 70 minutes, but I regularly felt I was doing time for someone else's crime as I sat there for the full 80 (the maximum I was preepared to tolerate).

Then the furious stomp to car park C, a quick check of the radio to see whether we had clawed back an unlikely consolation goal, then a grim drive home, muttering 'we are ****ing useless' and 'every bloody week, the same predictable tactics' and 'we're DOOMED!' under my dry dusty graveyard breath.

That's angry at the football. Yesterday I reminded myself again that I'm lucky to be alive to see my team perform like that, with every chance we'll be just as good next game and get a win. Angry? FFS :facepalm:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
We played really well there's no denying that but I'm still concerned that everytime they hit us on the break they looked like scoring. They even had two disallowed goals. Even though we deserved the win I feel that if we got ahead at any time they would just bombard us until they equalise.

I'm therefore finding it too hard to get annoyed. 1 point lost.

****ing tosh. Both disallowed were clearly offside, ie good defending.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
OK. I'll bite and mention when I actually was cross at the football. It happened during Hughton's last season at a couple of home games. Pretty much the same team that had done nothing the previous game was trotted out again, and were doing exactly the same ponderous buttock-clenchingly pointless death march around the back and up the side and round the back and up the other side and round again. Then bish bosh and Bournmouth or some other member of football's Illuminati were one up.

I'd done my usual 80 mile drive to get to the match. It was a nice day. And I was sat there watching thin characterless shite. I think the earliest I walked out was at round 70 minutes, but I regularly felt I was doing time for someone else's crime as I sat there for the full 80 (the maximum I was preepared to tolerate).

Then the furious stomp to car park C, a quick check of the radio to see whether we had clawed back an unlikely consolation goal, then a grim drive home, muttering 'we are ****ing useless' and 'every bloody week, the same predictable tactics' and 'we're DOOMED!' under my dry dusty graveyard breath.

That's angry at the football. Yesterday I reminded myself again that I'm lucky to be alive to see my team perform like that, with every chance we'll be just as good next game and get a win. Angry? FFS :facepalm:

Very noble, but I'm not there yet.

I'm just ****ing angry. Still.

The last time I was this angry at a travesty was either the Burnley game when we went down to nine men (Craig Pawson) or the Bournemouth fiasco at the Amex where Simon Hooper gave that disgusting penalty to Smug Eddie and his team for an immaculate tackle by Calderon. Yet another in the history of abysmal Bournemouth penalty decisions against us.

I didn't think it was possible to despise Hooper any more after that game. Clearly, after yesterday's events, I was wrong.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Well said Harry.

I remember I left at half-time during one of the Hughton matches, simply because I was mind-numbingly bored. Coming
from London, I weighed it up. Either see out the end of this one, queue for a bleeding train for half an hour and then ruin my Saturday evening
by getting back at 8pm having lost or leave now and be in the house by 6.15. I chose latter.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not cross anymore.

We are the team which conceded a goal after the full time whistle. Another claim to fame.

Football luck has borrowed a point off us, perhaps it'll pay us back soon.

Yes, we are one of the most famous clubs in the world today after this bizarre game. I expect many people around the globe will be taking an interest in the club and buying the new kit as we speak.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Was the third Bournemouth goal on 70 mins? If so that is also the earliest I have left. I expected a clear run home, except it felt like the end of the game there were so many others heading for the train and their cars

You forgot “I am giving the next game a miss”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The last time I was this angry at a travesty was either the Burnley game when we went down to nine men (Craig Pawson) or the Bournemouth fiasco at the Amex where Simon Hooper gave that disgusting penalty to Smug Eddie and his team for an immaculate tackle by Calderon. Yet another in the history of abysmal Bournemouth penalty decisions against us.

I didn't think it was possible to despise Hooper any more after that game. Clearly, after yesterday's events, I was wrong.

Yeah......and I do love a bit of vituperation :lolol: :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was the third Bournemouth goal on 70 mins? If so that is also the earliest I have left. I expected a clear run home, except it felt like the end of the game there were so many others heading for the train and their cars

You forgot “I am giving the next game a miss”

Funnily enough, even when it was an evening game on the tellybox during the worst of the troughs of despond, I still schlepped over to the Amex to make manifest my suicide pact with Hope :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I am at the point where if Hooper is in any way involved with one of our games he is gonna feck us over in some way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Funnily enough, even when it was an evening game on the tellybox during the worst of the troughs of despond, I still schlepped over to the Amex to make manifest my suicide pact with Hope :lolol:

I didn’t realise you followed the women’s team too, kudos to you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Maybe it’s just me but I’m not cross at all. Yes it’s immensely frustrating but my overall feeling is of huge pride. We completely outplayed Manchester United and some of our football yesterday, and in the first two league games of this season, has been amongst the best I’ve ever seen an Albion team play. Evidently, we still need some more help putting the ball in the net but good times ahead people. We’re going to give a team a real hiding soon.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The replay during the boro match when I lip read (an unknown talent of mine apparently) Mike ****ing Dean repeatedly saying “look at his leg. Look at his leg.” As if that justified Stephens being sent off in any way at all.

Yesterday I was more angry at the bad luck than the referring though tbf...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The Bristol City game where we had to win to be Champions. We blew it and they won. We played like a lot of plonkers but i think the season & celebrations had taken its toll. I was still unhappy though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here