Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What (I think) I learnt today

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Great performance by all players.

March IS improving. Do think he was at fault for the first goal but otherwise was very comfortable. Deserved his goal.

Lamptey is still learning. Man U did well to contain him and felt his concentration lasped occasionally but still very good.

It's hard to find fault in anything to be honest except that we have to keep concentration and stick to the plan. Two places where the game went against us.... after the penalty was overturned things got sticky and we played into Man Utd counter-attack style... something we were really good at avoiding in the first half.

And. Maupay. Oh Neal why?

Still, he scored a panenka.

We were unlucky. We played well.. the whole team. Gutted but happy (if that makes any sense.)

p.s. This are only my worthless opinions.. hence the (I think) ;)

pps Late entry because internet was down for 8 hours

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Next!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What I think the first three games have shown is we are a much better team than last season. We still have issues with conceding soft goals especially after scoring. We still struggle to convert chances, but we have a really good young team improving, with great energy a real shape and some very very good players. Keeping it all together will be tough expect the vultures to come calling soon. This is the best team this club has ever had. I've been watching since the early 70's and this lot are the real deal.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've learned to make sure my Mrs takes the dog a long way away from me next time Kavanagh is reffing

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Great performance by all players.

March IS improving. Do think he was at fault for the first goal but otherwise was very comfortable. Deserved his goal.

Lamptey is still learning. Man U did well to contain him and felt his concentration lasped occasionally but still very good.

It's hard to find fault in anything to be honest except that we have to keep concentration and stick to the plan. Two places where the game went against us.... after the penalty was overturned things got sticky and we played into Man Utd counter-attack style... something we were really good at avoiding in the first half.

And. Maupay. Oh Neal why?

Still, he scored a panenka.

We were unlucky. We played well.. the whole team. Gutted but happy (if that makes any sense.)

p.s. This are only my worthless opinions.. hence the (I think) ;)

pps Late entry because internet was down for 8 hours

Why do you think March was at fault for the first goal

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Today, alas, Solly couldn’t shoot, Sully couldn’t shoot

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Actually thought he switched off for a second, but still one of MoMs.

I’m also struggling why Maupay was on Maguire for the penalty, surely Dunk or Webster match up better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it occurred to me after I’d calmed down a bit

RE March I’d wondered as it was Trossard who brought the player down for the free kick......so March switched off in the buildup?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The posts holding up the electrical sockets behind where Ole was sitting where in a shocking state.

They need rubbing down and repainting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes it occurred to me after I’d calmed down a bit

RE March I’d wondered as it was Trossard who brought the player down for the free kick......so March switched off in the buildup?

No, meant more on the free-kick delivery, wasn’t the player nearest to Matic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But, Solly couldn’t shoot!

Did enough to win me money, :thumbsup:

£9 isn't a kings ransom, but it is £2 more than I started the day.

The £34, for scoring as well as the last goal, would have been nice..

As would the £134 for adding a second.

I won't lie though I could have done with the £634 from a hattrick today.

All this I'm not bitter and twisted though, honest I'm not. :lolol:

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
No, meant more on the free-kick delivery, wasn’t the player nearest to Matic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was indeed March covering Matic and he ball watched for a split second thinking/hoping that the ball is going out, but Matic got to the end of it and returned it to the middle of the box.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think we’ve got loads of work to do still, and some of our fans seem to like losing to big clubs providing we play well. Me, I’d rather pick up a point against Chelsea, like West Brom did today. Or beat Utd, like Palace did last weekend. It’s starting to grate, all this clapping losing when two examples in this post alone show comparative sides can and do get results against the big boys more regularly than we seem able to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here