Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should the club appeal ?

Should Albion appeal

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ve always looked at fan bases having meltdowns over bad decisions and thought it was absolutely f*cking tinpot when they start talking about ‘taking action’.

Now we’re in that situation, I still hold the exact same opinion. An appeal isn’t going to do anything apart from make us look like absolute noddy whinging bellends. No thanks.

This, good post.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Do we really need another thread on this?

We lost to a penalty, that was a penalty because we didn’t have the ability to hold onto the draw for 2 mins. If we had put someone like Dunky or Webbo on Maguire than no goal and we get a point but we didn’t and Maupay clearly hand balls it before the ref blew.

Get over it and move on

No qualms re the penalty decision, although irked about it being awarded after the full time whistle blew. I also agree that we need to up our game management, although again, in my eyes Maguire’s goal shouldn’t have stood as he fouls Dunk in the process, but the fact is we shouldn’t have had to hold onto a draw. Whistle should have gone as soon an United kicked off after the equaliser. What the ref was doing playing for another couple of minutes for United to get the corner (where the ball looked like it crossed the line but that’s another costly decision that doesn’t appear to have been checked by VAR) is absolutely farcical IMO.

I know it’s bordering on petulant to blame the officials and VAR, but we seem to have been totally screwed over today :rant:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No point. They didn't overturn a result which could have relegated a side because the 'technology wasn't switched on' so they won't for this. One rule for the 'big clubs' and another for us, it's what you have to expect in this division.

I agree.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Appeal what exactly? We can be cross that we think the ref played too much time, we can be cross that he reviewed and awarded the decision after blowing the final whistle, but neither of these are rule infringements. No rules have been broken. Apparently, in terms of the rules, the dodgiest thing that happened today was Hooper telling Kavanagh the reason why he thought he should look again at the Connolly penalty award.

What we should do is use the anger to get better. There are very few left from the 'Boro game, but Dunky, Solly and Bruno all remember how to not get mad, but get even. They lived it for a season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We are Brighton they are Man U case closed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

Even though it is a heck of a precedent to award a penalty after blowing the final whistle. The thin end of the wedge - where does it end now ?

If the PL had any guts they would chalk off the last goal as the game had officially ended. But they haven't and they won't.

Potter said that sometimes life is unfair. And it is. Take it on the chin.

At the end of the day it is just 1 point. Soon put right with a dodgy 100th minute equaliser at Everton.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Move and lets knock them up the cup, Manure will win nothing this season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Appeal what exactly? We can be cross that we think the ref played too much time, we can be cross that he reviewed and awarded the decision after blowing the final whistle, but neither of these are rule infringements. No rules have been broken. Apparently, in terms of the rules, the dodgiest thing that happened today was Hooper telling Kavanagh the reason why he thought he should look again at the Connolly penalty award.

What we should do is use the anger to get better. There are very few left from the 'Boro game, but Dunky, Solly and Bruno all remember how to not get mad, but get even. They lived it for a season.

Solly was in with the fans at Boro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here