Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should the club appeal ?

Should Albion appeal

• Total voters

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
After being seriously mugged off today . Should the club at least appeal , Still so angry that after blowing his whistle 3 times which means the end of the game that the ref awarded that penalty
No chance if the roles had been reversed for us
For me it’s more controversial than when Thomas blow his whistle during the World Cup before Brazil
Scored

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think there needs to be decision on whether a ref can make changes to the game after the final whistle has been blown - so yes we should do that it can decided.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Do we really need another thread on this?

We lost to a penalty, that was a penalty because we didn’t have the ability to hold onto the draw for 2 mins. If we had put someone like Dunky or Webbo on Maguire than no goal and we get a point but we didn’t and Maupay clearly hand balls it before the ref blew.

Get over it and move on

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
No, nothing will come of it and we'd look tinpot.

I'm still absolutely livid about it but they won't change the result so we just get our heads down and move on to Wednesday and knock them out of the League Cup.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
No let’s not embarrass ourselves.

The incident happened during the game and the referee wasn’t aware when he blew his whistle and in my eyes is quite entitled to then go and review. It was a blatant penalty.

It hurts badly but we need to suck it up and use the frustration to go and batter a couple of teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We won’t and we shouldn’t. Biased refereeing and having Hooper on VAR along with bad luck cost us today

There is no way the result will be overturned. The officials should be investigated and hopefully reprimanded by the FA though

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No point. They didn't overturn a result which could have relegated a side because the 'technology wasn't switched on' so they won't for this. One rule for the 'big clubs' and another for us, it's what you have to expect in this division.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’ve always looked at fan bases having meltdowns over bad decisions and thought it was absolutely f*cking tinpot when they start talking about ‘taking action’.

Now we’re in that situation, I still hold the exact same opinion. An appeal isn’t going to do anything apart from make us look like absolute noddy whinging bellends. No thanks.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No, its p*ss poor refereeing but thats the way the s**t splashes, live with it, we will get the rub of the green soon enough this season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes we should write our concerns. But not just on the Fergie time, but in 4th official breaking rules and influencing pen decision, on Van Der beeks cross being out, on numerous questionable decisions all going the other way including Rashford being over a metre offside and not flagged.

Put it all on record and not let them get away Scott free with such shocking officiating unchallenged.

Just because you may not win should not stop you putting your very valid points across and demanding answers against such one way bias, and certainly ask why a Manchester Born and resident ref is officiating.

If it happens again you have your previous objection on record.

It needs to be called out

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
After being seriously mugged off today . Should the club at least appeal , Still so angry that after blowing his whistle 3 times which means the end of the game that the ref awarded that penalty
No chance if the roles had been reversed for us
For me it’s more controversial than when Thomas blow his whistle during the World Cup before Brazil
Scored

*cringe*

Mods, please, please lock this thread.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I’ve always looked at fan bases having meltdowns over bad decisions and thought it was absolutely f*cking tinpot when they start talking about ‘taking action’.

Now we’re in that situation, I still hold the exact same opinion. An appeal isn’t going to do anything apart from make us look like absolute noddy whinging bellends. No thanks.

This. With bells on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here