Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We're not streetwise enough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So we play brilliantly, hit the woodwork numerous times, have numerous other shots and we lost because we’re not streetwise? I think we lost because we were a tad unlucky today. Carry on as we are, and it will be a very memorable season.

This.

Easy to over-analyse after a defeat :shrug:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
No, I don’t think we deserved anything more from the Chelsea game. We were primarily beaten by a clanger from Alzate and a worldly from Reece James. Both are difficult, impossible, to legislate against.

Yes I do think we deserved more today and either slightly better finishing or a ref who’s can read a watch will have achieved this. We don’t need to start hacking down opponents in my opinion.

Fair enough. Not sure any stats will change your view. The highlighted I agree with though - just with the opposite conclusion. Because of the nature of the goals, an unfortunate mistake and an impossible to stop screamer, I think considering our performance we were unlucky to lose and thus, deserved more. FWIW, we'll be 'fine' this season, it's very likely our luck will turn soon.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We weren’t alert or set up at all after we equalised. We should never have let them so far up the pitch.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I completely agree with the OP. We’re good, but not good enough to take the moral high ground and not use the same tricks everyone else does. Dunk should have been in the ref’s face after the first goal to get a VAR review, and they all should have been in his face pointing to imaginary watches when the ball went out for the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here