Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Be Proud

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Doubt he’d be a Serious contender for bigger clubs Yet.
I know we’ve lost two from three, but if we keep this style up and the points come, of course he will be.
Fast, exciting football....game time for youth Team players...signing other young Players and developing them At likely profit....what’s not to like?
Then again, things could take a turn for the worse and he could be fired by Christmas (Doubt it, but it happens ).
Yer exactly. We've still only averaged around a point a game under potter. Football is a results business and we are still way off.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yer exactly. We've still only averaged around a point a game under potter. Football is a results business and we are still way off.

You made a lot of comments about potter getting sacked last season .
They were unpopular but I thought it was fair enough to question whether the passing it around at the back amounted to much when we were Largely toothless going forward .
Since then we have upgraded , got rid of some mediocrity , and Previously inexperienced players now know the lay of the land.
Surely you can see the current side is a different proposition that will likely gather points over a period of time .

Sussex Hopburner

Sep 19, 2019
For me, the results against the clubs likely to be top six are less important than those mid and lower in the league.

Where we have seen some green shoots of development, is the conversion of possession into shots and chances, which will help us to turn loses and draws into wins.

Further, we have seen this throughout both sets of teams we have fielded this year, signalling some hard work on the training ground.

Very encouraging. UTA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

Are we still way off? We've dominated 3 bigger sides We've been desperately unlucky and if it wasn't for individual errors and dodgy decisions we could be 9 points top of the league. I think the fact we only have 3 points doesn't tell the full story.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Could not be more proud of this team playing this brand of football - win, lose or draw. Best football i've ever seen us play in over 35 years of supporting the club.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Since post lockdown resumption, have W4 D3 L5, all defeats coming from big 6 (and beaten one of them). I don't think that is way off and a big enough sample to suggest a sea change in fortunes. Home form is not great but played only one side outside of big 6 since Feb.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He will definitely be linked to big clubs from now on every time they sack a manager, but he wont leave.

When he was coaching Östersund he turned down significantly bigger clubs than ÖFK, like Malmö FF, Djurgården, FC Köpenhamn and West Bromwich.

He went to Swansea because thats where he got some inspiration to his style when he first started managing, so he knew they had the same philosophy as him. And most likely he would have stayed there if it was a healthy working environment.

GP wants to work with club owners/staff that are close to the club and more visionary than reactionary. He wont be working with Abramovich, the Glazers, the Arsenal yank or (most likely) not City either. Liverpool or England could be a candidate in a few years. He is also not going to want to uproot his family for the third time in just a few years.

He is staying (unless he gets sacked obviously, but I think thats pretty far away).

That’s good to hear, and I believe your take as you are a student of his career in Sweden. I do think England will come sniffing around at some point though and I worry about that.

However, rejecting clubs like Malmo is one thing, but if a Spurs or a Man Utd makes a firm offer to a young manager.. that’s a very different prospect, surely? Not top 4 clubs maybe, but England will make a move one day. And I also see clubs like West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Spurs having GP on their radar.

Hopefully we stick together as I think we offer him a lot as a club as well. It’s a mutually beneficial partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here