Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Be Proud

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I was fuming that we somehow lost that game despite dominating pretty much the whole thing. Yes defensively we should have done better, yes we should be finishing countless easy chances and yes the refs and VAR have well and truly done us today. Never seen a team lose a game after the final whistle before.

But on the positives we're all disappointed to drop points after outplaying and outclassing a champions league side. Look at how far we've come. Teams like Chelsea and United putting everyone behind the ball, playing some of the sexiest football in the league with a bunch of youngsters. Be proud of this because we're so close to our best ever side and we're mixing with the elite. Less than ten years ago a lot of us were sat at withdean. Now we're gutted to be dropping points to united and chelsea thinking we should be beating them, it's crazy. Top 10 might be the long term aim but I see no reason we can't achieve that and the way we're going the sky is the limit.

Never been more proud of watching my team than I am right now.

Heads up.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This. Everything's a little raw now, and people have every right to be fuming, and probably are. Myself included. And that's fine. But after a few days, people should start to realise that we've got something very very good going on here. We're heading in the right direction.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You’re both right but this has well and truly pissed me off, I’d rather we’d been stuffed. I ****ing hate Manchester United.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THere were three performances today, Manure, FA officials and Brighton and Hove Albion

Two of them got a 3/10 IMO and BHA sweep up the other 24.

We'll never see a perfect game and perfect performance but this is close as good as it gets

To come away with nothing is borderline criminal, what the term fine margins is made for.

larus

At what point do we think Potter could start to get linked to ‘bigger’ clubs? Yes, players will be identified as potential targets, but same happens with managers.

He’s being spoken about in very positive terms be other managers and pundits now.

I hope that he’d look at the stability which Bloom goes for (no knee-jerk sackings), and the overall structure of the club if bigger clubs came sniffing.

But, I agree with [MENTION=41469]Nameless[/MENTION] that this is a very exciting time to be an Albion fan. I’m enjoying the football we play - compared to the last year under CH and it really was dire.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yep, nothing quite like watching United throw on defenders in a desperate and failed attempt to hold us at bay.

I'd rather be brilliant and unlucky than average/poor and lucky like United.

If we don't have to fear the likes of Chelsea and United, then we don't have to fear anyone really.

Potter did what he did in Sweden for no reason other than he is a brilliant coach, and now, we are a brilliant side.

There will be highs and there will be lows, that's how football works, no matter who you are. One thing which is garaunteed for us now though, is that whatever the result, the football will be top drawer. That is all we can ask for.

Despite the result, and despite how we all feel, make no mistake, if you are an Albion fan, today is a good day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Six goals conceded so far this season.

Two penalties
Two own goals
One deflection past our keeper
One worldy

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep, nothing quite like watching United throw on defenders in a desperate and failed attempt to hold us at bay.

I'd rather be brilliant and unlucky than average/poor and lucky like United.

If we don't have to fear the likes of Chelsea and United, then we don't have to fear anyone really.

Potter did what he did in Sweden for no reason other than he is a brilliant coach, and now, we are a brilliant side.

There will be highs and there will be lows, that's how football works, no matter who you are. One thing which is garaunteed for us now though, is that whatever the result, the football will be top drawer. That is all we can ask for.

Despite the result, and despite how we all feel, make no mistake, if you are an Albion fan, today is a good day.

It’s not though is it, that’s just putting a brave face on. I feel absolutely gutted. Yet again, we didn’t quite get what we deserved against a scalp like Utd’s. It’s not a good day. It doesn’t even compare to a draw at Watford. We lost. It feels like robbery because it was. That is not my definition of a good day. Christ, who celebrates when they’ve been burgled?!

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
I was fuming that we somehow lost that game despite dominating pretty much the whole thing. Yes defensively we should have done better, yes we should be finishing countless easy chances and yes the refs and VAR have well and truly done us today. Never seen a team lose a game after the final whistle before.

But on the positives we're all disappointed to drop points after outplaying and outclassing a champions league side. Look at how far we've come. Teams like Chelsea and United putting everyone behind the ball, playing some of the sexiest football in the league with a bunch of youngsters. Be proud of this because we're so close to our best ever side and we're mixing with the elite. Less than ten years ago a lot of us were sat at withdean. Now we're gutted to be dropping points to united and chelsea thinking we should be beating them, it's crazy. Top 10 might be the long term aim but I see no reason we can't achieve that and the way we're going the sky is the limit.

Never been more proud of watching my team than I am right now.

Heads up.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It’s not though is it, that’s just putting a brave face on. I feel absolutely gutted. Yet again, we didn’t quite get what we deserved against a scalp like Utd’s. It’s not a good day. It doesn’t even compare to a draw at Watford. We lost. It feels like robbery because it was. That is not my definition of a good day. Christ, who celebrates when they’ve been burgled?!

Long game brother. Long game.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

We all feel the same, but at least there is now real hope we can genuinely push on. In the past 3 seasons I've always felt like we were always looking like a bottom six side, but now having given Potter time to assert his philosophy and the development of some of the younger players I feel really positive about this season.

Yes, we could still do with another forward to give us one more string to our bow and a back up for injuries or loss of form for either of the front two, but for the first time in ages the thought of aiming realistically for a mid table position is clearly there for me. Never felt more positive about the future. Another season of development and improvement with a few more tweaks here and there, and I think Bloom's idea of getting us up into the top ten is not so far away. Gutted about today but proud that we made Utd have to defend so desperately for so much of the match. They know they got lucky today.

Last edited:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

Whilst I agree, I can also see the point that the positives still trump the negatives. Feels like despite the loss we're still drastically moving forward and we're establishing ourselves and we're becoming more than just a little team making up the numbers in the premier league.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Long game brother. Long game.
This in spade, I still think the plan is steady progress if you look at the potential in 3-4 years it scarey for a teamslikebrighton.

That is mow 5 games this season we have looked good the futures bright the futures Brighton.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I got my wish , I hoped that we would be better to watch no matter what the score ends up and the 3 games so far have been terrific viewing , keep playing the way we are and results will start to go our way .

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve always proudly supported the Albion but right now feel despondent after a monumental travesty of a result.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Where do people rank today’s performance with the time we drew 1-1 with Sheffield Wednesday? That night was probably the most dominant I had ever seen us where we didn’t win - dodgy equaliser conceded that night as well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
These are great times to be an Albion fan and the best is still to come

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here