Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player rating v 12 man Manchester United.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't be arsed to do the full works, esp as it's usually always agenda driven bollox with very little regard to the actual game.

I just wanted somewhere to write:-

Alzate - 10, jesus wept, in among all the fantastic kidz this lad is a level up again.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 6
March 9
Dunk 6
White 7
Webster 8
Alzate 9
Lallana 8
Trossard 8
Maupay 7
Connolly 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Like signing a 25million player, can't believe how mature he looks out there.

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
Ryan 7 - Average, don't remember him having to make any difficult saves, never going to save that pen and the deflection was impossible as well.

March 8 - What a game he had. If he had sunk one of those other two chances in the net he would be 9.5.

Webster 7.5 - Boy he's really turning into a solid dependable defender. Good with the ball, did really good defensive work.

Dunk 7 - Standard Dunk-y day at the office

White 7 - If it wasn't for that Rashford goal I'd give him an 8, made some great

Lamptey 8 - Didn't really get the chance to show off his pace as he becomes more known as a dangerous player. It will be interesting to see how he does in the future as other teams will watch out for him. Still played his socks of though!

Alzate 9 - Controlled the ball really well in the middle, did good defensive work and always seemed to be able to get out of the sticky situations.

Lallana 7.5 - Good game for him as well. Feared he wouldn't be tough enough in a more central position but did well and was always looking to shift the ball forward.

Trossard 8.5 - Did fantastic, would be higher if he got those goals ffs!!

Maupay 6.5 - Good penalty and good game, but had to mark him down about 2 points because ffs maupay!!!!

Connolly 7 - Average performance, perhaps slightly above average. Did well running in behind, nothing spectacular, If white got that yellow that should have been a pen...

SUBS:

Gross 6 - Maybe did a good couple crosses? Can't really remember seeing him play/pretty anonymous.
Jahanbakhsh 7.5 - Really nice linkup play on the right and pinged some great crosses to March.

Conclusion:

Probably the best overall team performance we've seen so far this season, which just goes to show how much we were robbed of the bloody draw, let alone the win!!! :annoyed:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Ryan - 6 - not much to do and not really at fault for any of the goals

White - 6.5 - played well for the most part, but undone a couple of times including for Rashford's goal. Love his runs forward.

Dunk - 5.5 - been a bit off colour so far this season, got caught out a few times leading to him having to foul.

Webster - 6.5 - was the best of the three centre backs

Lamptey - 6.5 - a bit more muted today, but still did well and won a penalty.

March - 9 - MOTM. Saw so much of the ball and used it well. Terrorised their right side consistently throughout the game, some lovely interplay and defended fantastically. I think LWB is a perfect position for him. Not going to blame him too much for finishing, seeing as he is a LWB, and pleased he got a goal. Some excellent set piece deliveries throughout the game too.

Lallana - 7 - so classy on the ball, has the ability to transition our play so much quicker than his predecessors. Faded a little in the second half.

Alzate - 8 - so impressive against some very good Utd CMs, has the same knack as Bissouma of winning/keeping the ball when he has no right to. Going to be a huge player for us this year.

Trossard - 8.5 - did everything right except for a few centimetres and would have had a hat trick on a different day! Really looks like the player we thought we had early last season, has brilliant passing range and is our most creative player

Maupay - 6.5 - very well taken penalty and deserves to keep the role for now. Worked very hard and tracked back when needed

Connolly - 6 - his pace caused some problems and he did well off the ball. I'd like to see him take players on and get a shot off more with the ball though, rather than look for the foul. Got found out with it via VAR today and was never going to get decisions his way after that.

Subs
Gross - 6.5 - not much to say, filled in ok for the last 20

Jahanbakhsh - 7.5 - strong cameo, including an assist and should have been another for the lovely cross to Trossard, who hit the bar. Growing in confidence each week and deserves a start.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It must feel sweet as a Utd fan that Maupay had a hand in theirs after such a cocky penalty earlier.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 6 He is not the keeper he was in the first season, his distribution was not great and I have to question his organization of the defense from set pieces. Lamptey 7 Not quite up to his previous efforts but he won the penalty and is full of determination and scares the opposition
White 6 part of a defense that were frankly shambolic in parts, he is a young player adapting very well to the PL but Dunk and Webster let him down today
Dunk 5 we needed a captains performance today and didn’t get it, the days where we throw ourselves in front of everything are numbered (haven’t ever given him such a low score and feel guilty already)
Webster 6 collectively the whole defense is responsible and he was not great today especially with MacGuire’s goal
March 7 played really well and did a lot
Of great work, would love it he had a bit more composure in front of goal, scored equalizer and cleared off the line after the ref decided that Man I deserved every opportunity to nick a highly undeserved winner.
Alzate 8 sublime, they way he shields the ball and distributes it a joy, made a World Cup winning Pogba look average.
Lallana 6 you can see his class and once he gets a run of games, I think he will be pivotal in taking us to the next level
Maupay 7 stupid penalty to give away but was an absolute thorn in United’s side. Aggressive, skillful and hard working
Connolly 6 a bit too divey for Brighton if he played for a top 6, I think the decisions would have gone his way, aggressive and makes driving runs into the box.
Trossard 8 could have had a hatrick today, woodwork MOM
Subs Gross and Jahanbaksh look as if their confidence has risen.

Potter 8 Deserved so much more from this game, he has some questions to ask, might we see Veltman in the team next game. Who makes way for Bissouma. How can the defense improve at set plays, which addition could help us bridge the gap to the next level because we are very nearly there. I am sure he will very
pissed off at that result but hopefully we can channel that frustration and punish our next opposition

Man Utd - we handed it to United on a plate and I bet they can’t believe how
lucky they were, saying that they took their opportunities. OGS might
as well not be there, he doesn’t come across as a manager who can inspire his team or rinse themwhen times are tough.
Lucky today no doubt.

Ref Why did it go into the 97th minute?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6
Lamptey 7
White 7
Dunk 6.5
Webster 8
March 9
Alzate 9 MotM
Lallana 7
Trossard 9
Connolly 7
Maupay 8 -- if I was being mean I'd take a point off for the silly handball but they should have been in the dressing room at that stage

Subs:
Gross 6
Jahanbakhsh 9 -- one assist, and one delightful pass for a near assist

We've had a few cruel ones, but none will surpass that. We were so good. We hit the goalframe five times. The ref should have blown before that corner.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Can't be arsed to do the full works, esp as it's usually always agenda driven bollox with very little regard to the actual game.

I just wanted somewhere to write:-

Alzate - 10, jesus wept, in among all the fantastic kidz this lad is a level up again.

I sat there this afternoon thinking, our half million pound signing is schooling their £130 million midfield.

He was the best player in the middle of the park, if not the whole of it.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
6 - average

Ryan 6
Lamptey 6
March 9
Dunk 6
White 7
Webster 8
Alzate 9
Lallana 8
Trossard 8
Maupay 7
Connolly 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this . . .not just me that thought DUnk was bang average today.

Trossard and Alzate were superb, I'd possibly give Trossard a 9 . . .10 if he's scored, how the hell he didn't defies belief.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Just played The Mancs off the park Some the ratings and write ups Are unreal All 10's

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 6
Lamptey 6.5
White 7
Dunk 6
Webster 8
March 8 - 9, if not for wayward shooting
Alzate 9 MoM
Lallana 7
Trossard 9
Connolly 7
Maupay 8

Gross 6
Jahanbakhsh 8.5

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ryan 6 Not much wrong, but nothing spectacular either
Lamptey 6.5 I am glad he had a (relatively) quiet game. He can't be expected to live up to the hype and I hope this takes the attention and pressure off him a bit
White 7 Very very good player, but (obviously) lacking experience at this level which shows occasonally. He'll learn from Potter and improve all season I am sure
Dunk 7 (was tempted to say 6, but realised that would be because I am judging him by a higher standard than others, which isn't fair)
Webster 7 Solid as.
March 8 (I have always thought he could move from consistent 7's with an occasional 8 to consistent 8's with occasional 9's and hope this is the season he does it)
Alzate 9 agree with others - MoM superb, confident to the point of arrogance at times for one so young.
Lallana 7 Cultured, experienced, skillful. What a bargain for £0
Trossard 8.5 runs Alzate close for MoM for me. Very skillful and loving his preparedness to shoot. So unlucky
Connolly 6 Think he's been pushed just a little bit ahead of where he should be in terms of his development, out of necessity. Works so hard and will be brilliant. But another striker to take the pressure off him this season and let him come off the bench fresh to run at tired defences would, I think, help his development
Maupay 7 Snide, annoying and skillful French *******. Very glad he's ours.

Gross 6
Jahanbakhsh 8 - I want to see more of him alongside Trossard. Think he's ready to really show what he can do.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can't do all of these .. but agree with the majority on Alzate and Solly. Both fabulous

Disagree with the majority on Connolly. Ran them ragged and caused them all sorts of problems. Thought he had a terrific game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here