Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile in London

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Decreased viral load means less chance of hospitalisation ie. a greater chance your infection will be a mild / asymptomatic case.

What? Admittedly I am no scientist but I'm confident that isn't how viruses work! It's like saying if you contracted a small amount of the HIV virus it's going to have milder symptoms and less chance of developing in to AIDS. You surely either have the virus or you don't? The symptoms are likely to be far more dependent of the persons age, current health and genetics/DNA. Not how much of the virus they "consumed"...

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What? Admittedly I am no scientist but I'm confident that isn't how viruses work! It's like saying if you contracted a small amount of the HIV virus it's going to have milder symptoms and less chance of developing in to AIDS. You surely either have the virus or you don't? The symptoms are likely to be far more dependent of the persons age, current health and genetics/DNA. Not how much of the virus they "consumed"...

Viral load is often expressed as viral particles, or infectious particles per mL depending on the type of assay. A higher viral burden, titre, or viral load often correlates with the severity of an active viral infection.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_load

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, there is plenty of verified data that the bigger the viral load you receive the worse your covid outcome is likely to be - amongst other factors like age particularly.

This really sells me the benefit of wearing a mask.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Oh dear, yet you have been so vocal about all the fuss around Covid, yet don’t have a Scooby as to how these things work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here