Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile in London

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
like wearing a mask, so if you are asymptomatic you reduce risk of spreading to the vulnerable?

As I’ve said already I’m happy to go along with mask wearing in crowded spaces, though I still find it odd every expert was telling us they did nothing just 4 months ago and now they are vital to our survival.

Additionally the first wave was brought under control whilst no one was wearing them except in public transport!

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
6302F9C1-4B89-4A11-B095-48D5859BF915.png

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Oh good, someone finds 'an expert' with letters after their name who agrees with one of their fringe theories then everyone else brings a stack of evidence to contradict them.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Oh good, someone finds 'an expert' with letters after their name who agrees with one of their fringe theories then everyone else brings a stack of evidence to contradict them.

It’s hardly a fringe theory that surgical masks don’t stop the spread of viruses. It’s even printed on the boxes.

58F5C12A-D867-4392-84E2-4B50A72F8D31.jpeg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I find masks dehumanising and difficult to breathe in, and using them can lead to respiratory disease.

Also, they look ****ing stupid. Have you seen those black designer ones that young people wear? They look like they’ve cut a bra in half.

And what do you find in a bra cup? A tit.

If you find masks difficult to breathe in you need to see a Doctor because you obviously have a medical problem.

As for masks causing respiratory disease there is some evidence a N95 mask can cause problems for someone with an existing problem but putting a cloth one on for an hour to go to Tesco's isn't https://www.lung.org/blog/covid-masks

As for the cosmetic impact the nation might have to be denied full view of your no doubt handsome face at times for the foreseeable future.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Handsome? I’m a bloody Adonis, sunshine.

Thankfully the world isn’t deprived of my stunning visage because I don’t wear a mask.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To be fair, a quick google will show you plenty of studies about fabric masks particularly, there’s thoughts that the habits you pick up in the process of taking the mask on and off etc actually increase your risk of infection. I do wear them, but I’m not sure they work based on the scientific evidence. I even noticed myself the other day, wearing masks for a long period say 30 minutes plus, makes my nose stuffy and itchy and afterwards I tend to touch my face/nose a lot.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To be fair, a quick google will show you plenty of studies about fabric masks particularly, there’s thoughts that the habits you pick up in the process of taking the mask on and off etc actually increase your risk of infection. I do wear them, but I’m not sure they work based on the scientific evidence. I even noticed myself the other day, wearing masks for a long period say 30 minutes plus, makes my nose stuffy and itchy and afterwards I tend to touch my face/nose a lot.

I fully concede the advice has changed in the last few months and they aren't the silver bullet to stop infections. My logic is they are going to stop particles spreading so far if I am infected.

As an aside I wore one yesterday for the first time in relatively cold weather and they are quite warming!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As I’ve said already I’m happy to go along with mask wearing in crowded spaces, though I still find it odd every expert was telling us they did nothing just 4 months ago and now they are vital to our survival.

Additionally the first wave was brought under control whilst no one was wearing them except in public transport!

we are not told they are vital to our survival. we are told they help us prevent spread disease if we have infection without knowing. since many people dont know they are infected, they dont know its approriate to wear or not, so the obvious cautious action is to ask everyone to wear masks.

the first wave was brought under control by millions staying at home, remember? wearing masks to avoid that is a small inconvenience on balance.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The source is the boxes they come in.

If you have a box of them, take a look at the small print.

If you also read the small print you will notice it is about contraction, that is not what people are being asked to wear them for.

There is a massive difference, to asking people who may be unknowingly asymptomatic to wear a mask so as to reduce the risk of infecting someone else, and putting a paper mask on to stop someone from being infected.

It's not asking a lot of anyone, but the selfish...

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
“Wear what I tell you to wear. If you don’t, you’re selfish.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It’s hardly a fringe theory that surgical masks don’t stop the spread of viruses. It’s even printed on the boxes.

View attachment 128839
The mask won't stop you catching the virus but there is plenty of evidence that it will reduce the viral load you receive ( common sense will also confirm this ).

Decreased viral load means less chance of hospitalisation ie. a greater chance your infection will be a mild / asymptomatic case.

^---- this sells me that wearing a mask is a top idea - beyond even considering helping out others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here