Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile in London

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What’s wrong with QAnon? They don’t hurt anyone.

I'm not going to bother explaining what they believe is happening in the world right now, look it up for yourself and then ask yourself that question.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So you are happy people are being coerced in to taking a vaccine that comes wit absolutely no warranty against severe side affects or death (The manufactures will be covered by law)

Along with all the freedoms we are losing and the devastating effect that's having on the economy and human life It doesn't stack up with such low death rates. The death rates from the fallout will be far higher!
Who is being coerced?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Deep breaths GB, deep breaths. Encouraging violence won’t help your recovery at all. Remember the offer of help is still there.

Which bit are you most supportive of the protesters on? The 5G that you purchase for the government or the vaccinations that you gave your kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A lot of the crowd there think that 5G is a ray gun fired by lizard people.

On the other hand, they're complaining against the lockdown, so good luck to them.

:facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm just getting a tiny little bit worried. It is starting to look like there is a very small faction of conspiracy theorists/Anti-vacc's and Covid " deniers " starting to gain traction on NSC. It's not big, certainly not clever and its pretty obviously wrong. Has this crap spread from some of the fruit loops in the US or have a few of " our own " started to believe the oddball stuff and gone over to the Other Side as it were ?

We have had the Brexit debate where a small but very vocal faction refuse to admit that leaving will be anything other than a disaster one way or another despite the continuing and growing evidence from a government that denied that we could ever be worse of financially admitting now that we will genuinely be worse off however we leave, but that is somehow a price worth paying for no discernible benefits.... Are we doomed to have another trance of naysayers and deniers in our midst ?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I'm just getting a tiny little bit worried. It is starting to look like there is a very small faction of conspiracy theorists/Anti-vacc's and Covid " deniers " starting to gain traction on NSC. It's not big, certainly not clever and its pretty obviously wrong. Has this crap spread from some of the fruit loops in the US or have a few of " our own " started to believe the oddball stuff and gone over to the Other Side as it were ?

We have had the Brexit debate where a small but very vocal faction refuse to admit that leaving will be anything other than a disaster one way or another despite the continuing and growing evidence from a government that denied that we could ever be worse of financially admitting now that we will genuinely be worse off however we leave, but that is somehow a price worth paying for no discernible benefits.... Are we doomed to have another trance of naysayers and deniers in our midst ?

I am not anti vax necessarily. But it needs proper testing. You can’t rush things.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am not anti vax necessarily. But it needs proper testing. You can’t rush things.

the prospective vaccines are going through normal clinical trials. they are being fast tracked in that they get priority over most anything else.

its worth noting that political protest was specifically excluded in the recent legislation limiting people gathering. so given an opportunity to silence the people, as the conspiracy theorist would claim, gov didnt go that far.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Which bit are you most supportive of the protesters on? The 5G that you purchase for the government or the vaccinations that you gave your kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst deep breathing hum ‘ommmm’ whilst expelling for even greater relaxational and anxiety conquering effect.

Loss of civil liberties, the pointless destruction of our social and economic system, and the human right to choose if you take a vaccine or not (yes even if you’ve had one before) btw.

Once enlightened you will discover that being able to change ones mind to deep routed beliefs on discovery of new information is a key step in the journey of spiritual ascendancy. Like I say. I’m here for you. Always.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whilst deep breathing hum ‘ommmm’ whilst expelling for even greater relaxational and anxiety conquering effect.

Loss of civil liberties, the pointless destruction of our social and economic system, and the human right to choose if you take a vaccine or not (yes even if you’ve had one before) btw.

Once enlightened you will discover that being able to change ones mind to deep routed beliefs on discovery of new information is a key step in the journey of spiritual ascendancy. Like I say. I’m here for you. Always.

How does supporting protests partially organised and attended by the far right sit with you ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Don't people have a right to a certain amount of liberty without irresponsible youngsters, flat earthers and the far right giving them a disease that could finish them off? Or are these civil liberties you speak of only for the healthy and strong? Are you one of those in favour of locking up the vulnerable under house arrest?

Also, can you tell me who gains from this loss of civil liberty you talk of and how?

Were you doing yoga at quarter to one or were you pissed again?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How does supporting protests partially organised and attended by the far right sit with you ?

I don't support any far right beliefs in any shape or form. I have been left wing my whole life. This debate cuts across political lines.

I see you used the word partially because there are many sides from all walks coming together who believe a stand should be taken against the loss of civil liberties. This is from the Stand Up site one of the main organising groups and I see no right wing claims there.

https://www.standupx.info/

We face a big big challenge. We will not crumble.* We will not fail.

'The consequences for ourselves, our children and the human family are unthinkable.* We cannot fail.

We are together in the most amazing way today, because we don’t need to pick sides.* We don’t need to fight.* We don’t need anymore division and conflict.* Put down the irrelevant*fault lines that divide us and come together in a demand for freedom for the entire human family, no one excluded'

Personally I care about unfettered police powers to arrest and detain, meaningless curfews, inconsistencies, contradictions, and so on. A critique of the govn's tightening of legal and civic control should be open to all, and not be held in the hands of the far-right. Established political and factional categorisations feel to be crumbling. Letting go, opening up to new ways are needed.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Don't people have a right to a certain amount of liberty without irresponsible youngsters, flat earthers and the far right giving them a disease that could finish them off? Or are these civil liberties you speak of only for the healthy and strong? Are you one of those in favour of locking up the vulnerable under house arrest?

Also, can you tell me who gains from this loss of civil liberty you talk of and how?

Were you doing yoga at quarter to one or were you pissed again?
I dont see anything in your post that hasn't been debated and rationale given many many times on this site by me and many others but I'll pander this final time.

Yes I personally believe we should be opening up much more of society with far less restrictions (am happy with social distancing and to be honest I don't even really mind about masks although I still doubt their value outside of crowded spaces) . If a fraction of the BILLIONS this has cost had been used to protect the vulnerable properly then they would be safe and the world would still have a reasonable future.

I think your issue is a total lack of foresight of where the world is heading and the disastrous implications for the younger generations that follow. I get the feeling you might be of an older demographic? Maybe you're selfish and not bothered about impending long lasting economical disaster and the complete re-engineering of social structure our children will be faced with?

Also note that you still desperately want to label everyone not following your perspective into easy to demean audience groups. I'm pleased to let you know I'm not a flat earther, young, or right wing, and not anti 5g in current form now I've spent much time studying it to be comfortable from a work perspective (although have learnt much about the effect of vibrational frequency on the human body and how scary that could be if abused). What the protest showed yesterday is that people standing up are a very broad church with many people just like you but with the ability see what is really happening to the world.

Oh and thanks for the interest in what I was doing before I went to bed. You were doing so well but just had to do that creepy stalker thing again. Breathe in, breathe out. You can come through this, I promise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I dont see anything in your post that hasn't been debated and rationale given many many times on this site by me and many others but I'll pander this final time.

Yes I personally believe we should be opening up much more of society with far less restrictions (am happy with social distancing and to be honest I don't even really mind about masks although I still doubt their value outside of crowded spaces) . If a fraction of the BILLIONS this has cost had been used to protect the vulnerable properly then they would be safe and the world would still have a reasonable future.

I think your issue is a total lack of foresight of where the world is heading and the disastrous implications for the younger generations that follow. I get the feeling you might be of an older demographic? Maybe you're selfish and not bothered about impending long lasting economical disaster and the complete re-engineering of social structure our children will be faced with?

Also note that you still desperately want to label everyone not following your perspective into easy to demean audience groups. I'm pleased to let you know I'm not a flat earther, young, or right wing, and not anti 5g in current form now I've spent much time studying it to be comfortable from a work perspective (although have learnt much about the effect of vibrational frequency on the human body and how scary that could be if abused). What the protest showed yesterday is that people standing up are a very broad church with many people just like you but with the ability see what is really happening to the world.

So you priortise YOUR vision of the world in the next couple of decades over the health of everyone over 50 living today (that's not me btw, I'm the typical NSC demographic with two school age kids but you couldn't wait to get another incorrect personal assumption in to cover for the fact you didn't answer my question).

You claim to be left wing? That's hilarious. Left wing is all about the protection of the whole of society including, in fact especially, the old and vulnerable. We've seen the government bring in furlough, business support, eat our to help out, review train franchises and open up businesses as safely as possible, but with restrictions. All of those are similar to the central government control proposed by Corbyn that Johnson was deriding only in December.

He's done it - like the civil liberty changes - because we are in an emergency situation. Chicken Run, someone I sometimes disagree with, summed it up brilliantly on another thread. You'd be the person in wartime with your lights on in blackout just to show everyone how free you are.

I'll leave you to retort with your yoga trope again.

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

Out of interest, who are the “far right” people who organised yesterday’s protest?

I thought it was organised by David Icke and Piers Corbyn.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
You'd be the person in wartime with your lights on in blackout just to show everyone how free you are.

But what if it’s 1946 and the government are doubling down on the blackout and ordering everyone to wear their gas masks?

We were told the restrictions were to flatten the curve. The curve was flattened by June. It has remained flattened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here