Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ballot

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
I know its a bad time after being robbed this afternoon but how does the ballot work for a group to sit together if and when we return.

There are 4 of us do we have to each register separately. I tried to register for all 4 no way. Do we need fan numbers??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know its a bad time after being robbed this afternoon but how does the ballot work for a group to sit together if and when we return.

There are 4 of us do we have to each register separately. I tried to register for all 4 no way. Do we need fan numbers??

You need to connect up via friends and families then you can create your group.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thanks for this but where do you find Friends and Family?? Been looking for 15 minutes no luck.

You are lying to yourself, first step is acceptance!

Click on your profile icon (top right) when logged into ticketing and scroll down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My Friends and Family includes Mrs Earle and our son, so I can buy for all three of us. But the Ballot site seems to think I have three tickets in my own name and so will only allow me to buy a group of one, just me. Any tips anybody? I can't grab the wife and son across to my group.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My Friends and Family includes Mrs Earle and our son, so I can buy for all three of us. But the Ballot site seems to think I have three tickets in my own name and so will only allow me to buy a group of one, just me. Any tips anybody? I can't grab the wife and son across to my group.

Select three people for your group, when formed there will be three of you and you change the other two to wife and son

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Select three people for your group, when formed there will be three of you and you change the other two to wife and son

Presumably same process as buying cup and away tickets for family and friends

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably same process as buying cup and away tickets for family and friends

Exactly the same process but this costs you nothing

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone know if you can be in more than one group? Usually I go with my wife but chances are she’ll have most of her Saturdays booked up with work due to the uncertainty. Alternative for those matches would to be to go with other family members that I don’t normally sit with, so can I be in their group too?

Seems unlikely as I’d be getting 2 places in the ballot I suppose?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone know if you can be in more than one group? Usually I go with my wife but chances are she’ll have most of her Saturdays booked up with work due to the uncertainty. Alternative for those matches would to be to go with other family members that I don’t normally sit with, so can I be in their group too?

Seems unlikely as I’d be getting 2 places in the ballot I suppose?

No you can’t - once your fan number has been included in a group it can’t be applied to a second group. Confirmed here :

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-GB/categories/ballots

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If, IF BoJo consents to allowing a small number in (maybe 3,000 max) then flogging your ticket on the exchange shouldn't be a problem if you're unlucky enough to be drawn out.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thanks. Do you think there will be more that one price level available to a group or is it clever enough to know what price group/stand you are currently in?
It's my understanding that if you are all in the same price level, your group can select seats in that level or lower around the ground. Guessing therefore it will be clever enough to know and, if one of the group is a lower price level, you all have to drop to that level if you want to sit together. If you don't want to sit together, you can pick seats where you like according to your individual price level.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Thank you. But when I select three people for my group at the number stage, they are all me on the next page. There doesn't appear to be a facility to change the other two to my son and wife. All I can do is delete two of me, but that just leaves me in a group of one. I buy all our Cup tickets via Friends and Family which shows correct on my Profile screen. Anyone else encountered this problem and rectified it, or do I need to make a call to the club tomorrow?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank you. But when I select three people for my group at the number stage, they are all me on the next page. There doesn't appear to be a facility to change the other two to my son and wife. All I can do is delete two of me, but that just leaves me in a group of one. I buy all our Cup tickets via Friends and Family which shows correct on my Profile screen. Anyone else encountered this problem and rectified it, or do I need to make a call to the club tomorrow?

There should be a pencil edit icon alongside each name. Click on those to change the name which, as you say, will all be pre-filled with your name initially.

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 11.30.41.png

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
If they are in your friends and family, when are at the stage where all the tickets are in your name you should be able to select each one individually and change the name to your family. I did this to get my wife and I into a group.

I am assuming that your family members have STs of their own so the system recognises them.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
There should be a pencil edit icon alongside each name. Click on those to change the name which, as you say, will all be pre-filled with your name initially.

View attachment 128833

If they are in your friends and family, when are at the stage where all the tickets are in your name you should be able to select each one individually and change the name to your family. I did this to get my wife and I into a group.

I am assuming that your family members have STs of their own so the system recognises them.

Thank you both for taking the trouble to reply. That was easy once I had the knowledge. All done and confirmed by email within a couple of minutes. Much appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here