Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The referee needs to be investigated and we should not drop it

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nonsense.

So does that mean if there’s 3 minutes injury time a referee is allowed to blow after 23 minutes injury time?

Of course not, that would be silly. But that is your logic.

Yes it would if there is justification for it, for example a serious injury that takes 20 minutes to deal with.

We scored a goal in injury time so the ref will add additional time on for that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the reserves / u23 cup? Like getting revenge on someone for punching you by tickling their feet

Nah, IF we can win on Wednesday it will be a massive result, let’s not run it down. I’m already excited about it :smile:

This is what we have wanted since Hereford, the chance to go toe to toe with the big boys, most of us never saw it happening. Why wouldn’t any Brighton fan love it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why get annoyed about technicalities. Play to the whistle. We deserved that, just switched off at the death. Went toe to toe with United, better team, chance after chance, but it didn't happen. Gutted but not going to blame the ref

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Today was so frustrating and after we scored the 2nd I was saying concentrate !!! As I knew there would be a bit of time to play.

I can’t disagree it was a penalty but it being allowed in Fergie time was what annoyed me. Then to add to this the referee blew the final whistle, I would say that means the game has finished and they cannot retrospectively look at any decisions (yes it’s a loophole) . What would have been interesting is if we had walked off the pitch after the final whistle and said we assumed that was the end of the game. I don’t think we could have been reprimanded as the whistle had gone. Would have been petty but would have been interesting to see!

It’s not a loophole. Ref blew for FT (current phase stopped). VAR correctly detects a handball during last game phase. So the ref correctly rewards the penalty on VAR review and play resumes from the point where the handball took place (before the final whistle).

If more time was played than allocated is another debate. As is the offside in the build up to their corner. It’s very harsh and frustrating to take.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is a bit cringey.

However, it reinforces my view that time keeping should be managed off field with a countdown clock on display so everyone knows how long is left. Ideally the countdown theme tune could be played as well for the final 30 seconds.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calm down, talk of corruption and investigations is ridiculous. It’s absolutely gutting for us today but it happens and all evens itself out over time.

I read that time after time after time, but it doesn’t, does it?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
March scored with 34 seconds of added 5 mins remaining (after 4:26)

But during those 4 minutes and 26 seconds there could have been more added time accruing, eg for subs, injuries, etc leaving more than 34 seconds remaining

Let’s just take it on the chin and learn

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why get annoyed about technicalities. Play to the whistle. We deserved that, just switched off at the death. Went toe to toe with United, better team, chance after chance, but it didn't happen. Gutted but not going to blame the ref

Err you may be missing the point.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suspect we wouldn't have seen this thread had it been the other way round :whistle:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suspect we wouldn't have seen this thread had it been the other way round :whistle:

I suspect it would. The game had finished, the ref had blown his whistle.
Bozza would have started a poll asking if it was the right decision to restart the game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's a 'minimum of' and it's at the ref's discretion, I don't think we can have many complaints about the added time.

Referring to VAR after blowing for full time and the myriad of shit decisions he made throughout are a different matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here