Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The referee needs to be investigated and we should not drop it

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
95th minute. 5 mins injury time played..

Yet Man U are taking a corner in the 97th minute? Why, and why is no one in the media mentioning this?

Ref blows final whistle. Then goes back for a VAR decision. Against the rules.

Where is the referee from? Utter, utter corruption and should not be allowed to referee at elite level.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just out of interest:-

Was THE goal by Buckley after injury time had run it's course?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I imagine some time would've been added on seeing as March scored in stoppage time.

You're right, but with that same logic surely we should have been allowed 30 more seconds to play after Fernandes' penalty?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine some time would've been added on seeing as March scored in stoppage time.

Is that normal? I thought added time was for injury stoppages and substitutions not an extra 2 mins for every goal scored too?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've watched football for nearly 35 years and cannot ever recall such bizarre circumstances at the end of a match. If we stand for this, then we'll stand for anything. Just as crooked as the USA presidential election will be.......

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s minimum of 5 mins. The ref can blow when he likes! We just needed to keep out heads for 2 mins

Nonsense.

So does that mean if there’s 3 minutes injury time a referee is allowed to blow after 23 minutes injury time?

Of course not, that would be silly. But that is your logic.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
95th minute.

Ref blows final whistle. Then goes back for a VAR decision. Against the rules.

No! It's not against the rules and they have just clarified that. What would have been interesting was if the penalty was saved but a rebound was put in. They've just explained that according to the laws the ref is obliged to blow the whistle and rebound goal should be disallowed. What a the betting he would have missed that.

What is more of a concern is that they've just clarified what the 4th official's role was in the reviewed Pogba foul on Connoly. BT could hear what the 4th official was saying and he clearly said to the ref that he needed to review as he believed Albion player initiated contact. They have clarified that 4th official is NOT allowed to proffer an opinion which might influence the refs decision. He is meant to simply advise that the ref may wish to review.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Talksport timed the Maupay handball as later than all of: 5 minutes stoppage time, de Beek’s substitution and (a generous) one minute for our celebrations.

For reference: In goal fest games, refs never add on 60 seconds x every goal.

Which leads me to the scientific conclusion that ref Cavanagh is a cnt, with a bias towards Manure.

I’ve thought for many years, take time keeping in stoppage time away from refs who have enough distractions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree - we shouldn’t let this lie. If it turns out the rule is a full time whistle means the match is over regardless, the score is 2-2 and we need to make sure justice is done. It’s not even sour grapes - it’s facts. March scored with roughly 30 secs left - that was gone by the time Man U had a throw in. Literally time was up. No reason to add more on from anything I’ve seen in stoppage time. It was a case of a whiff of another Man Utd attack so let them play on. Even when dubious corner is given he still could / should have blown up. Cheated.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
5 mins extra time.

March scores at 94.27 (33 secs left)
Play restarts at 95.46
Corner given at 96.10 *
Penalty offence at 96.31
Probably not a lot wrong but refs rarely allow added time for a corner *
Poor defending
Ref definitely blows the whistle 3 times to indicate end of match

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
5 years ago I said football will eventually do away with crowds and just cgi in fans and noise. When VAR was introduced I said we’ll see scores changed after forensic post match analysis, and may wake the following day to read what we thought was a win is now a draw etc.

Anyone want tonight’s winning lottery numbers? :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree - we shouldn’t let this lie. If it turns out the rule is a full time whistle means the match is over regardless, the score is 2-2 and we need to make sure justice is done. It’s not even sour grapes - it’s facts. March scored with roughly 30 secs left - that was gone by the time Man U had a throw in. Literally time was up. No reason to add more on from anything I’ve seen in stoppage time. It was a case of a whiff of another Man Utd attack so let them play on. Even when dubious corner is given he still could / should have blown up. Cheated.

It’s just a different manifestation of what has always been. Go get drunk and don’t beat anyone up. You’ll feel fine by Monday.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's 'a minimum of...' with added time.

We scored after 94:28. So there were 32 seconds still to play. Man Utd restarted at 95:45. The ball went out for the corner at 96:12. The corner was always going to be taken. The ref blew the final whistle as soon as March headed off the line.

I really don't think we can moan about the timing of the goal.

I know everyone's pissed off at how we lost but it's just how it goes sometimes.

Edit: The ref definitely blew his whistle three times to indicate full time. So, if giving a decision is illegal after the final whistle has been blown then that is something we can get pissed off about. I don't know the rules for sure on that scenario though...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
All this talk of the long injury time is irrelevant. It seems unfair but the ref has the ability to add on as much time as he sees fit. It's detracting from the fact that VAR was used after the final whistle. That's a clear rule breach and so we should appeal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here