Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point dropped or three points dropped?

Albion v Manchester United, was it...

• One point dropped

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Three points dropped

Votes: 76 71.0%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
3 dropped sounds a bit harsh.

3 points stolen (by lady luck).

United got a losers 3 points today, and we got a winners 0 points today.

It's one match result, the way we play is here to stay, so I am a very strange combination of absolutely gutted and absolutely delighted.

If you offered me the 3 points and a performance which was nothing to write home about, or that performance and nothing, I can honestly say, even though it goes against the "points are all that matter" grain, I would take that performance in a heartbeat.

One point dropped, only bit of bad luck was the Connolly VAR which I think should have gone our way. Otherwise the poor defending for the 3 United goals and our wasteful finishing was totally down to us

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The thing is we have dominated all 3 games, and only have 3 points. Are Chelsea and Utd any good or are they bang average teams that everyone will take points off this season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woodwork hit 5 times - more than any other team in a single Premier League fixture since Opta had this data available from 2003-04.

I want to know what the players have against the nearside North Stand post.

Everything else got smashed into, why not that one?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I would have said bitterly that we were robbed by lady luck and the referee should not have played those extra minutes......you know a myriad of excuses, then i watched the Potter interview on the BBC wow is he a good manager and what an intervew. He was very sporting about the defeat quoting he had not seen a game like it but he was proud of the players and as a team we were improving. His perception of all the incidents was well balanced and he realized the players would be gutted at losing in this way. We are very lucky to have Graham Potter at the helm he is going to be a very successful manager, lets hope it is with us for a long while.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
No disrespect to Manchester United, but we should be beating teams like this!
3 points dropped.

The thing is we have dominated all 3 games, and only have 3 points. Are Chelsea and Utd any good or are they bang average teams that everyone will take points off this season?

We’ve dominated midfield and not where it counts, the two boxes

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Definitely 3 points dropped against a bang average team that happened to be Man Utd. For the great play if we don’t put the chances away than we won’t get the results we should. Maybe take a look at West Brom and take note!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Three points dropped. Ref’s second half performance made him United MOTM

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

i can answer the chelsea one, seeing brom whoop them

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Ha Ha

Its got to be one point dropped.

I now what you mean but bad finishing and officiating can't take away from our inability to defend straight after scoring.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Of course 3 points dropped - 1 point was painful enough as it was. The chances that were missed due to poor finishing or bad luck was as much as I have ever seen in a game in some time.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nope, still can't answer this poll, the pain runs deeper today, more than any Albion game I have ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here