Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an absolute joke

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mmmmmm......

We had a couple of free kicks given against us that were probably not. Otherwise, excruciatingly disappointing but nobody to blame but ourselves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The whistle had gone - surely that signals the end of the game.

Prob a pen but it depends what you call ‘close’. But **** me we’re good to watch now. How we didn’t WIN that let alone draw, I’ll never know.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've got to be honest I'm ****ing fuming after that. I hope the boys heads stay up as the performance was probably one of our best in the Prem, despite losing.

Maupay's had the ball headed at him from 1 yard, it is probably a pen and why is he raising his arm like that, but firstly, why is the game still playing, and secondly, how has our pen been disallowed early in the half - granted it was soft but once it's given it's not a clear and obvious error.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can’t believe I have witnessed arguably one of the finest Albion performances to be denied by JOKE refereeing.:shrug:

Refereeing was fine. the odd error, as there always is. We would have had a penalty that wasn't prior to VAR.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The bloke in the black shirt should have wore red and then we'd know what side he was on.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
As frustrating at this is, I think we only have ourselves to blame.

We dominated the game and should have put it to bed, but kept hitting the post.

Each time we scored, we lost focus and conceded again shortly after.

We dominated play, had more shots on target.

The match was in our hands and it is frustrating we could not win it against a very ordinary Man Utd side.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
March scored with 30 seconds remaining. The ref added an extra two minutes. Why?????

Because they’re Man U. Simple.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You can’t hit the post / bar that much - incidentally the most in any PL game since OPTA began, and expect to get something out of a top 6 side. With that and lack of concentration after we score then we only have ourselves to blame

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So my understanding is that the referee blew for full time and therefore couldn't go to VAR?

What I have read is that it should have been a single whistle to indicate VAR.

Whatever though it was bloody stupid by Neal and by us to twice just let them cut through us straight after scoring

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Fergie time. Why we were playing in the 98th minute is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here