Jimmy Grimble

Very good today.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fully deserves his place. Those shots will be on target going forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
perhaps a calmly placed side foot instead of a net busting volley of the laces might have got him 2 or 3 goals and us a point or 3 which may or may not matter at the end of the season .............he's a work in progress , he needs a bit of coaching still .

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
perhaps a calmly placed side foot instead of a net busting volley of the laces might have got him 2 or 3 goals and us a point or 3 which may or may not matter at the end of the season .............he's a work in progress , he needs a bit of coaching still .

Pretty sure I've seen Aguero, Ronaldo, etc miss those volleys. When they go in they are goal of the month. For a reason!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He’s looked decent all season but superb today. Dangerous on the attack, solid in defence.
March deserves more respect than debate over whether he should go, whether he is good enough, whether he can shoot.
He has plenty to offer as a LWB and should be seen for what he is - a shoe-in, even in this improved side.
It's not the end of the debate at all,.... he was top drawer today in the 2nd half, arguably could be asked to do some more shooting practice, but A+ .... if I see him do this two or three more times in the next 3 or 4 weeks, I'll stand down from my position on him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He seems very, very one footed and I think misses opportunities because he won't use his right foot to pass or cross. Defender knows what he's going to do.

Can you find a post where you've said "he's very, very one-footed" for a right-footed player. If you can't, have a think about what you're saying.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He's getting better all the time and was one of our best players today. He's needed a run in the side, and the goal will boost his confidence still further.

Really impressed with how he's adapted to that LWB position because when he first played there it was suggested he wasn't really comfortable with it.

Well done Solly.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's not the end of the debate at all,.... he was top drawer today in the 2nd half, arguably could be asked to do some more shooting practice, but A+ .... if I see him do this two or three more times in the next 3 or 4 weeks, I'll stand down from my position on him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If he was brilliant at everything he wouldn’t be at Brighton .
As it is, he Has his faults but is good enough for this team imho.
Bissouma has been far more inconsistent in his time here yet his game doesn’t get picked apart anything like as much.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Solly beat the much touted one on one defender Wan Bissaka often today. He worked incredibly hard on ball recovery and looks a comfortably skillful enough passer to play his part in this set up. He now needs to stay after training every day and practice finishing. He needs to be joined by Lamptey, because if this system continues the way it has started, they are both going to be getting chance after chance as this season continues.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Solly seems to be enjoying that LWB role and is playing fantastic football.he also gives potter other options as the game develops so I imagine potter will want to continue to develop Solly in that role.
Also Great to see a Sussex lad playing so well and scoring against a world famous team in front of a global TV audience.
Solly gets Maximum respect as far as I'm concerned.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I don't think the debate is over. Fantastic today yes, vs Chelsea and Newcastle average. ( although that is alot better than he usually is 😉)

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Does anyone else think that Solly had a bit more space than he normally would have because ManU were concentrating on Lamptey on the other side of the pitch. If one of our WBs are double marked the other flourishes.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Can you find a post where you've said "he's very, very one-footed" for a right-footed player. If you can't, have a think about what you're saying.

No I don't think I've ever said that about a right footed player but that doesn't make my point invalid. It's just something I've always noticed in him more than other players. When a pass is on that he could/should use his right foot for he doesn't take it but cuts onto his left or will curl it with the outside of his left.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's never an end of debate as a player is only as good as his last game. Deserves his place and almost was a super hero today. Yes did have a lot of room but did pretty well with it.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I'm not really signed up for the apparent love-in for young Solly...but has certainly upped his game in recent weeks

But, for me, he's just not quite the player he should be with his undeniable ability, maybe it's down to confidence, I have been frustrated with him so many times with his
set-pieces, last season, he used to fail to get his crosses from corners over the first defender, lately, he has been over-hitting them...

I love when he runs at the defender, but doesn't do it enough for me...again, is this down to confidence?

Today, he had so much space on the left in the second half, had two very good chances to score, on his strong foot, but the ball went wildly over...

I really want him to be our left-sided Lamptey....but has work to do...

My comments are likely to get shot down...but hey, we are Albion fans and all have our opinions!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have always liked and defended Solly, I love Sussex lads making it at the Albion. Finally he’s believing in himself at PL level.

A few weirdos will always carry on eternal vendettas against certain Albion players, just a microcosm of life, some nasty people typing their bitchiness and hate.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So pleased for Solly, quality player and great pro. Always backed him, he’s always had the talent, just needed to nail a position and get a run in the side in that role.

Definite tactic of ours today to look for him beyond AWB and his goal was a reward for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here