Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] March - end of the debate

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really ! I like him as a player but he rarely delivers a decent cross and his shooting is very wayward - apart from Villa. His free kick was poor . He does work hard.

Presumably you missed the cross that Ali J should have buried and Robertson nearly scored an OG from.
This "rarely" shit has been going around for too long.
If it ever was true, it really isn't true any more.

You have probablyalso missed the crossfield passes to Lamptey, switching play, intelligently.
And the instant control when the pass is reversed.

There is so much more to him than "works hard"
But yes, he does work hard and more than that, he works very, very well.
I concede his shooting is a work in progress.
But he has 2 goals this season, and has been fairly universally praised by most pundits.

But apparently you "like him"

Right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stopped the ball getting through to Salah after just a few minutes. Was always there or thereabout sticking in and tracking back, looked dangerous - fair enough nothing came of it, but caused problems. Far from mediocre.

My new game might be.

Read 'mediocre' on here.
Head off to Albion analytics on twitter.
See what mediocre looks like.
Report back here.

[tweet]1332819956417826816[/tweet]

I do accept, for the time being, this might be an outfield player only ruse.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Must have been watching a different game, but apart from the run that ended with Ali failing to head the ball, I thought he was mediocre.

Wow.

He was excellent yesterday. I know its all about opinions, but imo he was one of the best players on the pitch ffs!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I love Solly. I've always loved Solly and when I see him get criticism from some on here, I want to shelter him from it all and let him suckle on my man-boobs.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That doesn't stop the cross being good.

If Robertson had scored an Own goal (only luck prevented that) I assume it would have been disallowed though

Not saying it wasn't a good cross just that the BT Liverpool contingent believed AJ was offside. If Robertson had slammed it in they then would have said AJ was interfering with play. He should have got his head to it though to make VAR check it

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So much better at wing back.was great yesterday, loved some of them inch perfect passes down the line.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m genuinely embarrassed for you.

Incredible isn’t it ? March has played for quite a few managers now and all of them are obviously so wrong. Can’t believe the club are going to offer him a new contract in January to [emoji849]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Incredible isn’t it ? March has played for quite a few managers now and all of them are obviously so wrong. Can’t believe the club are going to offer him a new contract in January to [emoji849]

As said on the Groß thread, I stepped off the Solly bus about a year ago.
Coming to the conclusion that the Premier League was a step too far.

It seems like this season everything has finally clicked for him.
I still have my doubts.
I still find myself shouting 'don't think' and/or 'shite, he thought about that'.
But there's no doubting the massive and most importantly consistent improvement in his game.

I get the impression his detractors might agree with much of that.
But because they've previously said 'hes shite' or 'I'll drive him to Everton myself', they now can't possibly say:-

'blimey Solly's playing well, I was wrong'.

As HKFC says all rather embarrassing.

Oh and I dare not get back on the bus for fear of jinxing it.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
As many have said he is in the form of his life and his value on the open market would be huge (not that I want him to leave). Very proud he is a product of Sussex as well.

Loving watching Solly and Tariq playing as wing backs in our team as well. Just a pleasure to see it develop under Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here