Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Perry retires on 30 September

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
There’s nothing to add to everything that’s already been said on here.

So, simply, enjoy your retirement Martin. You’ve certainly earned it:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There can't be many people anywhere in football who aren't either players, managers or chairman who can rightfully be called a legend of their club but I reckon Martin Perry is one of them. Extraordinarily important in the survival, rebuilding and flourishing of our club.

Legend.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The walls that were put up during the Falmer process would have knocked most people down but he ran through everyone of them. To then go on and deliver a world class training facility and all he has achieved in his time at the Albion is truly astonishing.

Tony had the vision but none of it gets delivered without a Martin Perry and as others have rightly said he deserves legendary status at the club.

Some great tributes to Martin on the O S. Incuding one from Paul Samrah which, for me, perfectly sums up he Albion in twelve words -

"Without Dick, no club; without Tony, no future; without Martin, no stadium"

Well said Paul, and happy retirement Martin!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm late to the thread but would like to wish Mr Perry a long & happy retirement.

I just hope he gets to read this thread and the marvellous tributes to a man who played such a very important role in our club's history.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You Sir, are an absolute legend, thank you for everything you've done for the club, the community and for your superb stewardship at a time we needed it most.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Albion legend and one of the most important individuals ever to work for the club. I'm sure we could put forward a proposal to honour his name and his contribution to the club by a permanent tribute. A stand named after him would be fitting tribute as other posters have already alluded to! Or even Piglets Pantry could name a pie in his honour ...The Perry Perry Chicken Pie!

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
I have had a few dealings with Martin in recent years in relation to AITC. I would add that the amount of additional work he has done beyond his day job to establish, maintain and deliver the talented team at AITC that impact positively so many local people is extraordinary; and should not be underestimated. He has been instrumental in making positive life changing contributions to the many thousands supported by AITC

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What a fantastic job he did.

My only real encounter with Martin was at Middlesbrough station, after the match when we missed out on promotion. He told me he was looking for his wife: "I've got to find her - I don't want to leave her in Middlesbrough!!!'. Great guy.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's amazing how many of the successful organisations in the world have a vision / strategy person at the top and a nuts and bolts, detail person as a second in command. Martin that is you.

Hope you feel exceptionally proud when you see the beautiful building you made near Falmer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Martin has my sincere thanks for all of the years of good work he put in to help build up the infrastructure of this club. I hope his invaluable contribution is never forgotten, and I hope he enjoys a long and happy retirement because he has earned it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As per the OP and many others' comments, a true Albion legend. Enjoy your retirement!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Forever grateful - thanks a million Martin!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not much to add to this thread that hasn't already been said.

Without him (and DK and others) we would never have won planning permission for Falmer.

BHA would be knocking about in the bottom two divisions of the football league (or perhaps the National League) and still at Withdean.

Not often a non-player is considered 'a legend' but he certainly is.

Enjoy your retirement Martin, well deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here