Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Perry retires on 30 September

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s been very well signposted, but Perry retires in less than a week.

A man who has contributed immensely to our club - the programme refers to him as a legend. Justified, I think.

Thank you, Martin - and happy retirement.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Indeed. Cracking nice bloke to talk to as well. Enjoy your retirement Martin !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"On your way out Mart, just one last thing, can you quickly knock up an extra 20,000 seats.
We appear to be quite good now and might need them in a season or two".

"Sure thing Tone"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Smashing bloke and Albion legend right up with DK in doing the hard miles to make sure we got to where we are now :bowdown:

Anybody got any photos of him doing a lap of Withdean running track dressed as Austin Powers we could embarrass him with on his retirement? :lol:

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
E Neg 28 copy.jpg

In from the start and saw it through to the objective. Well done Martin!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Achieved the planning permission for the Amex stadium (eventually), the training ground at Lancing, the extra facilities for the women’s team at Lancing, and the Monks Farm development, including Ikea, for the club.

A well deserved retirement.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fantastic guy, he always stopped to have a chat if he heard his name called-even after we'd moved in to The Amex among thousands in the concourses. He remembers faces and people from the 'War Years' and seemed genuinely grateful that enough of us stuck around, supporting the efforts of all at the club. Or maybe he was just being genuinely personable to any Albion fan who recognised him... either way he's a genuinely nice man. Always smiling and that first season at The Amex he was like a proud father whose kid had won gold at The Olympics.

I hope that there will be a permanent reminder of him at The Amex-he is one of the most important people ever bought into The Albion.

Enjoy your retirement Martin and thanks for all the hours you put in to ensure this club had a future.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

boik

I went to an institute of project managers meeting at withdean where Martin went through the process of managing the ongoing Amex build. He was deeply impressive, very entertaining and I knew it was in safe hands. Thanks for everything Mr P.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The word legend is bandied about too easily. But this guy is a legend.

As others have said, one of the most important individuals this club has had in its 119 year history.

Enjoy your retirement Martin.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Thank you so much Martin. I shudder to think where on earth,if anywhere, we would be without his selfless efforts and absolute belief. Legend. Statue?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I was lucky enough to attend a stadium business conference and sit at his table when the Amex won a couple of awards.

Lovely bloke, really friendly and open. His greatest capability seems to be that he gets things done. Big things.

Thanks Martin [emoji106]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Club legend. I’d like to see a statue of Tony, Dick and Martin at the Amex more than any players.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Can we chip in and send him a retirement gift from NSC. Not sure what would be appropriate, but I would be happy drop in a few ponds. As others have said this guy has been a massive part in why today we played ManU off the park (despite losing).He was beside DK and dug us out from rock bottom. Seems a genuinely lovely guy as well.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
One of our all time good guys. Massive shame we won't be able to give him a send off from a full stadium that he did so much to achieve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here