Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Manchester United

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 26th September 2020
Kick-off: 12:30 BST
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Sian Massey-Ellis, Constantine Hatzidakis
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Simon Hooper
Additional VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

Tariq Lamptey is expected to be fit for Brighton despite limping off during the 3-0 win at Newcastle last weekend following a series of heavy challenges.

Yves Bissouma serves the second game of his three-match suspension.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made 10 changes to his starting line-up for Tuesday's Carabao Cup win over Luton and he has no fresh injury concerns.

United's only absentees are defenders Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester United ended a run of three top-flight defeats in a row away to Brighton by winning this fixture 3-0 in June.
    [*=left]United are vying for a fourth successive victory against the Seagulls.
Albion

• [*=left]Albion have won two of their past three league games, as many as they had in their previous 17 attempts.
    [*=left]Brighton last managed back-to-back league victories in November 2019.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have never won more than one of their opening three fixtures in a top-flight campaign, but neither have they lost both of their first two home matches in a season at that level.
    [*=left]They have only earned one point from the past five Premier League fixtures at the Amex Stadium, while their only top-flight home win in 10 attempts this year came against Arsenal in June.
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in all 11 Premier League fixtures in which Neal Maupay has scored.
    [*=left]Pascal Gross has provided either a goal or an assist in each of his past four league appearances against Manchester United. Two of his three goals in this fixture were winners.
Manchester United

• [*=left]United could lose their opening two league games in a season for the first time since 1992-93.
    [*=left]They haven't won their first away league fixture in either of the past two seasons, including a defeat at Brighton in 2018-19.
    [*=left]However, United have won four successive Premier League away matches by an aggregate score of 10-0. They were the most recent Premier League side to earn five consecutive away victories without conceding a goal, back in December 2011.
    [*=left]The Red Devils are unbeaten in seven Premier League away matches since a 2-0 defeat at Liverpool on 19 January (W5, D2).
    [*=left]Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Graham Potter were opposition players when Manchester United were beaten 6-3 by Southampton at The Dell in the Premier League in October 1996. They both came on as a substitute in that game.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not expecting much but at the same time, I am very excited for this game. It will be a good test of where we are at.

It is kind of refreshing going into this game and not feeling like it is a guaranteed loss.

be happy with a draw.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
If Alireza scores a goal I will buy one of you chosen at random a BHA-related prize.
If Alireza scores a winning goal I will buy five of you chosen at random a BHA-related prize.
If Alireza scores another bicycle kick I will load all of you 2018-2020 doubters in a jumbo jet and fly you back to Tehran myself.

KoreanSeagull

Dec 1, 2019
Not North
If Alireza scores a goal I will buy one of you chosen at random a BHA-related prize.
If Alireza scores a winning goal I will buy five of you chosen at random a BHA-related prize.
If Alireza scores another bicycle kick I will load all of you 2018-2020 doubters in a jumbo jet and fly you back to Tehran myself.
dibs

나의 LGM-G600L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Going to miss Biss... but handy that the EFL games seem to count for his suspension, may we see him back next Saturday?
My head says probable loss, but the heart says at least a draw. If Palace can beat them, so might we ? ?
NB, not having BT Sports, it is Radio Sussex again for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going to miss Biss... but handy that the EFL games seem to count for his suspension, may we see him back next Saturday?
My head says probable loss, but the heart says at least a draw. If Palace can beat them, so might we ? ?
NB, not having BT Sports, it is Radio Sussex again for me.

Yeah, shame about Biss but he is probably only missing one game that he would have played in, which is a plus

Annoying that both United and Everton have been chosen by BT Sport, these games are too big for me to watch on a dodgy stream so have signed up to BT Sport for a month. As two people can watch this on different devices, it makes it a reasonable investment if two share the cost imo. Good news that the Cup game has been picked by Sky too. I watched the Preston game on a stream that was actually very good but the plug appeared to be pulled in the second half so missed half the game.

I am really looking forward to today’s game, nervous but excited.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice tidy effort from the OP. In before 4am, gleaming badges, good stats.

Were loose.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

What happens if he scores a winning bicycle kick? Does one lucky 2018-2020 doubter receive a BHA-related prize whilst being bundled into the back of a jumbo jet?
Do we need to buy you a gift if he scores an own-goal?
How about if he scores a hat-trick but we lose 4-3?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Probably on the bench after his mid week efforts.

I suspect we'll mostly be unchanged from Newcastle with the obvious exception of Bissouma. Perhaps Propper in for Biss with Lallana in for Connolly to add the creativity? i can't remember the last time I called a Potter team correctly though.

I've always fancied a trip to Tehran.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Why do the doubters get a trip to Tehran and not those of us that have always believed in him?

Oh sod it, Ali J couldn't score in a brothel, there is more chance of me scoring than Ali J. (right, off to pick out some nice tea-towels, been growing the beard for a while :lolol:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lucky Cruyff Turn t-shirt - Check.
Lucky Chocolate - Check.
Lucky no :thumbsup: for original post - check.

Ready to go here in Stat Towers.

Can't help thinking recently we've been here a fair few times.
Firing on all cylinders.
Playing a 'big' team
Ready to make a statement.
Then blow it. :down:

Not this time - COME ON.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Lamps will be roaming and running amok again. Absolute legend in the making. Man U can’t handle it. 3 points on the way fam.

3-2 I reckon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here