Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH & 1901 Ballot Groups for games in 2020/21 Season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
3 season tickets, 0 emails.

I think I opted out of 'promotional emails' (eg "New Scandanavian striker!!") at some point, and now don't recieve important stuff. Tsk!

Same. Opted out due to that wimmin's team signing clickbait phase they went through, now just about the only club missives I get wind of are the ones posted on NSC. Which on one level is my own fault, tho with a hefty assist from the club

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Found it under 'Promotions' in my gmail this morning. DD's stopping immediately until next season, balance credited v next season and ballot group entries now being called for.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That's understandable. So we have made a group of 5, but it's possible that there will be occasions when 1 of that 5 might not be able to go. I'm trying to get my head around how this would work.
In that scenario I think that person would either have to use one of their opt outs or sell the ticket on the exchange after they were successful

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Individuals within the group can opt out of up to 6 matches (2 from each of the 3 match categories.)

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I’ve not missed a payment so made six payments April to September yet my email says my last payment will be 1st November?

Don’t understand why?

Mine also says my last payment will be 1st November although I haven’t missed a payment either. Seems there’s quite a few others affected too from what I’ve seen on Facebook. I guess we’ll have to contact the club to sort it out.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think I read somewhere that if you are selected in the ballot you could choose your seat from those available BUT only in the area where you normally sit (or cheaper). If this is the case I wonder if you can pay the extra to upgrade (so you can sit with other members of your group whose ST is in a more expensive area). Or would you just choose a more expensive seat and pay the relevant cost?
I wonder what the pricing will be like

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Email received from the Club this evening, asking us to choose our ballot groups for this season ready for when we are able to go to games.
I can't see a timescale for getting your group in to the club though

email copied below
*************************************************************************************
Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Ballot System – Groups

Any league matches at the American Express Community Stadium which are operated at a reduced capacity will be allocated through a random ballot system to season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members.

In preparation for this we will now be opening a grouping ballot, so you may join together in groups of up to five supporters. This ballot will inform the club who you wish to attend matches with, and supporters may select up to five fan numbers in their group.

You may only be part of one group and those who do not enter the grouping ballot will be assumed to wish to attend alone. The grouping ballot means that all or none of the group will be drawn out of the hat for match tickets (please note by having a group this will not increase or decrease your likelihood of success).

By entering the grouping ballot together you are indicating you wish to attend matches together, however this does not mean that you have to be sat together (eg - a 1901 Club member may join the ballot with a general admission season-ticket holder). We hope the grouping ballot will allow supporters to share transport together as we understand there may be increased demand for facilities such as parking.

To enter your group into the ballot please click here.

More information about the match-by-match ballot will be released in due course, but for now, if you wish to attend as a group, we strongly encourage season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members to register as a group for the ballot now.

********************************************************************************************

News Flash, you will not be going to any games this season. :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's understandable. So we have made a group of 5, but it's possible that there will be occasions when 1 of that 5 might not be able to go. I'm trying to get my head around how this would work.

Simple, if you get allocated tickets and one can't go, he/she puts it on the exchange if they haven't already opted out for that match.

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
This is the e.mail I received from the club today. Has anyone else been told theIr last payment will be taken in Jan ‘21? I didn’t take the payment holiday so surely my dd’s should be stopping straight away? ???

Direct Debit Payments

In light of current crowd restrictions we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual.

Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st July 2021. However your last monthly payment for the 20/21 season will be taken on 1st January. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 1901 Club membership.

Any league matches at the American Express Community Stadium which are operated at a reduced capacity will be allocated through a random ballot system to season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members.

edit : cancel the above, just spotted that my payments were due to end next July not March...duh

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’ve not missed a payment so made six payments April to September yet my email says my last payment will be 1st November?

Don’t understand why?
Mine as well.

I will have made 8 payments if the last is taken on November 1st. I've not taken a payment holiday. All payments are up to date.

I am sure they said there would only be 6 this season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can I set up more than one group from my friends and family, appreciating that I can only be in one group?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is the e.mail I received from the club today. Has anyone else been told theIr last payment will be taken in Jan ‘21? I didn’t take the payment holiday so surely my dd’s should be stopping straight away? ???

Direct Debit Payments

In light of current crowd restrictions we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual.

Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st July 2021. However your last monthly payment for the 20/21 season will be taken on 1st January. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 1901 Club membership.

edit : cancel the above, just spotted that my payments were due to end next July not March...duh

That’s odd. The payments were due to end in March 2021 not July. I don’t know where they get January from either. Payments either ended September ( no payment holiday) or December (payment holiday).Your e mail is just wrong.
This is what mine said;

‘ Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

Your last monthly payment for the 2020/21 season will be taken on 1st November *. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.’

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm probably not the only one who has completely lost track of what I've paid the club, and what the club have promised back / I've not used.

If anyone has been keeping track, where does a STH both in 2019/20 and 2020/21 who didn't take a payment holiday stand in terms of what has been paid and what is "owed" back right now?

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Is anyone in the same position as me?

I have 4 1901 tickets that are all in my name. Although I usually go with family or mates there's up to 6/7 of us that use them depending on who can attend. Just wondered how the ID requirement will work? Obviously I'll contact the club this week.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm probably not the only one who has completely lost track of what I've paid the club, and what the club have promised back / I've not used.

If anyone has been keeping track, where does a STH both in 2019/20 and 2020/21 who didn't take a payment holiday stand in terms of what has been paid and what is "owed" back right now?

Pretty sure with no payment holiday your September payment will be the last one.
Basically half of this season paid for and depending on the option you took with the 5 missed games last season your payments for this season would've been reduced by whatever you were owed from that

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You are owed for the last 5 games of 2019/20 (pro rata).You will have made 6 payments for 2020/21 (April to September). If you combine these amounts that will form your pot to purchase tickets for any games you are able to attend this season or will be rolled into next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know for a fact I have made 6 direct debit payments for this season already.

I think there is a bug in the date generation of the last payment in that recent email, as it seems to suggest I'll be making 8 payments in total this season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

For those of us who didn't take a payment break and took the refund against this seasons ticket then the totals are below. The last 3 months we've paid of this years season ticket were at a reduce rate, so you are owed whatever was left from last season plus 3 months at the reduced rate and 3 months at normal rate.

For those on the lowest band this is what i've paid

Sept £29.77
Aug £29.77
Jul £29.78
Jun £45.41
May £45.41
April £45.49

Paid for this season - £ 225.63
Previous season owed - £140 (I couldn't find the email confirming what I was owed so I worked out the difference between the two season ticket rates and multiplied by the 9 payments we were supposed to make at that reduced rate to roughly work out what was owed)

Total owed £ 365.63

If my maths is correct (and i'm doing this while getting the kids ready for school), based on a season ticket of £545 or £28.68 a game means I'm owed for 12.74 games. The figures should extrapolate upwards for each price band, so the club owe season ticket holders just under 13 games (not sure how it works out for 1901 members, those who took a payment break or lump sum payers who got refunded back to their band accounts).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here