Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Les Ferdinand...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nedum Onuoha just explained on R5 he heard from a QPR pal that QPR's not taking the knee was a complete cock up, and Ferdinand's explanation was ill considered damage limitation (my words not his, but....). The players were going to take the knee and something went wrong. Cock up, not any sort of plan.

That explains why there was no advanced warning.

Time to move on (with a continuation of taking the knee, 'the start' as Nedum puts it).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll bite.

They never did it for their first league game of the season either. Two cock ups?

Didn't know that, and it wasn't mentioned on the radio or on Lenny's thread. It isn't mentioned anywhere I can find on the internet. How very queer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nedum Onuoha just explained on R5 he heard from a QPR pal that QPR's not taking the knee was a complete cock up, and Ferdinand's explanation was ill considered damage limitation (my words not his, but....). The players were going to take the knee and something went wrong. Cock up, not any sort of plan.

That explains why there was no advanced warning.

Time to move on (with a continuation of taking the knee, 'the start' as Nedum puts it).

Ambitious

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferdinand has fought racism for a long time, his friends have backed his version and the reason for the change of tact by QPR.

This is propaganda or porkies from Onuoha because he was a staunch advocate of taking the knee on R5, to try to undermine QPR’s different route.

He should’ve just stated his case, without the childish Chinese whisper.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
#teamLesFerdinand here. Sorry HWT; wrong crusade (a bit like the one on the murder of a policeman in Croydon thread).

I don't do crusades, not being a christian :shrug:

#takingtheknee

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can someone post a link to QPR players not taking the knee in the game before the one Lenny posted his thread about? Plus, presumably, Ferdinand's excellent explanation for that, at the time?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Not knowing that they hadn't taken the knee in the first game is poor form. Obviously the originating post is well off. Maybe Onohua is the one wide of the mark rather than the poster, to be fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not knowing that they hadn't taken the knee in the first game is poor form. Obviously the originating post is well off. Maybe Onohua is the one wide of the mark rather than the poster, to be fair.

Who not knowing?
Well off what?
Wide of what mark? Which poster?

I'll try my best....you feel the news media has focused on the last match and should have (or 'of') known that QPR and other clubs haven't taken the knee all season? OK. I was certainly unaware it was commonplace down the leagues to not take the knee. It was Lenny's thread that drew my attention, and that thread exclusively focused on QPR. Perhaps it tickled someone's interest because it was a black man sticking two figers up to BLM? Oh, the irony. Hmmm......

The only 'originating' post on this thread is mine. Care to exlain why it is 'well off'?

Onohua (or Onuoha, as he is normally known) may be wide of a mark rather than me. Yes he may. Care to elaborate?

Thanks for your interest in black lives, and that :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can someone post a link to QPR players not taking the knee in the game before the one Lenny posted his thread about? Plus, presumably, Ferdinand's excellent explanation for that, at the time?

[/https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12075555/coventry-and-qpr-opt-to-not-take-a-knee-jobi-mcanuff-expresses-disappointment

There you go.

I’ll leave a stool for you so that you can get down off your high horse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crusades has a broader meaning now than it did in the 12th. and 13th. centuries. It's not been specifically Christian for the best part of 600 years. Les Ferdinand has called this one spot on.

My take is he wants taking the knee to stop. That's it.

Oh well, I'm white and well off. Why should I care? Fine. If that's what he wants. We can just focus on the match then :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[/https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12075555/coventry-and-qpr-opt-to-not-take-a-knee-jobi-mcanuff-expresses-disappointment

There you go.

I’ll leave a stool for you so that you can get down off your high horse.

Thanks for that.

I see from the comments on this thread that NSC is overwhelmingling in favour of ending the knee-taking nonsense. Fair enough.

I am happy to climb down off my high horse and boo those knee-taking BHA player weirdios. Boo. BOOO!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My take is he wants taking the knee to stop. That's it.

Oh well, I'm white and well off. Why should I care? Fine. If that's what he wants. We can just focus on the match then :thumbsup:

Yeh, he does. He's black (or a person of colour if you prefer - and probably pretty well off himself for that matter) and he thinks it's a meaningless gesture. White folks know better, eh?

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Thanks for that.

I see from the comments on this thread that NSC is overwhelmingling in favour of ending the knee-taking nonsense. Fair enough.

I am happy to climb down off my high horse and boo those knee-taking BHA player weirdios. Boo. BOOO!!!

I pretty much thought Les Ferdinand wanted an end to it last week and some real actions implemented to improve things, seems a fair point to me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here