Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Goldstone
Priestfield Stadium
With Dean
The Amex Community Stadium..

What’s your favourite ground and what’s your favourite time.
Mine is The Goldstone between 76 and 79

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have fond memories of Surrenden Field and the County Cricket Ground.

Later on I loved the Goldstone from 1976 to May 1979, huge crowds, swaying terraces, did we ever lose? (AGREEING WITH YOU ....MANY NSC’ERS ALSO FIRST WATCHED THE ALBION IN THOSE GLORIOUS 4 SEASONS).

But the Amex is the ultimate, especially once it was complete with the ESU and the corners filled in.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The old lion’s den itself, because of all the pussies in the home end

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Being an "older" supporter I would have to say The Goldstone.

Within walking distance of my houses over the years and my first experience of professional football.

Plus some great years and sides thrown in with a lot of rubbish. The Ward/Mellor years were golden.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
you left out Griffin Park

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The Goldstone
Priestfield Stadium
With Dean

Why is who you went with to Gillingham important?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Good memories at all of them. Dad took me to one of the last Goldstone games (Wigan), then we regularly travelled to Priestfield and Withdean getting to about 10-15 home games a season, and have had season ticket at Amex since its opening. Positive memories at each, they each had their own charm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good memories at all of them. Dad took me to one of the last Goldstone games (Wigan), then we regularly travelled to Priestfield and Withdean getting to about 10-15 home games a season, and have had season ticket at Amex since its opening. Positive memories at each, they each had their own charm.

That win against Wigan was maHOOsive. I think they were top of the table at the time as well IIRC.

Our home form that final season after Christmas truly was ridiculous (it was as brilliant as our away form was hopeless).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Goldstone
Priestfield Stadium
With Dean

Edit : [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] beat me to it....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why is who you went with to Gillingham important?

:bowdown: best laugh of the day.

Edit: The correct answer, as a long time veteran of the Goldstone, and having attended pretty much every game at Priestfield, it is hands down no arguments the Bloody Amex FFS!!!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
There was a guy, late teens/early 20s on the east side of the North (Goldstone) who stood about half way down near the aisle in the mid 90s who would hold one of the barriers and do this ecstatic foot tapping on the concrete dance whenever we scored, half swinging on the barrier at the same time. Great days, great guys.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
The Goldstone

75-76 we scored 58 goals
76-77 we scored 63 goals
77-78 we scored 43 goals
78-79 we scored 44 goals

That's an awful lot of jumping up and down

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

Later on I loved the Goldstone from 1976 to May 1979, huge crowds, swaying terraces, did we ever lose? (AGREEING WITH YOU ....MANY NSC’ERS ALSO FIRST WATCHED THE ALBION IN THOSE GLORIOUS 4 SEASONS).

You're bang on there. In 111 Home league games in 5 seasons (1974/75-1978/79) we lost 8 games at the Goldstone !!!! crazy stats :albion2:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

But the Amex is the ultimate, especially once it was complete with the ESU and the corners filled in.

Not complete yet :falmer:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
For pure excitement I think the Wardy period at the Goldstone is still my favourite - exactly that sensation of being in the North Stand when we scored. In terms of ground though the Amex is clearly the best

zoe

Jul 5, 2003
The Mobile Shop Withdean
Heart is at The Goldstone, but enjoyed selling the Withdean Wager at Gillingham and loved working in the mobile shop at Withdean. Love the Amex and looking forward to going back, whenever that may be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here