Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23s home to Chelsea tonight - live on Albion TV

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good result against decent looking Chelsea side.

We probably weren't at our best tonight either.

Good result lads.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It was a tough midfield battle to be honest did not notice him much mate.

Why???

He has been with us now a few seasons and he is a big unit for his age, a few on here reckon he could be first team potential. Although have heard his name for a while just interested to see if he is the real deal!! :bigwave:

D

Deleted member 2719

I have to say Rushworth really is eye catching for a 19 year old goalkeeper.

He has a good bung on him too.

He has been with us now a few seasons and he is a big unit for his age, a few on here reckon he could be first team potential. Although have heard his name for a while just interested to see if he is the real deal!! :bigwave:

He didn't catch my eye tonight, the young lad Crofts did though!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have to say Rushworth really is eye catching for a 19 year old goalkeeper.
I unsterstand Barcelona scouted him while he was on loan at Worthing and a 4 million pound transfer was rumoured to be pending.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
From what I saw, Cochrane could step straight up with no problem, maybe the same with Dendoncker. Gwargis faded quite badly late second half but he's played a tad more than most this week. Yapi was up against a couple who matched him for pace. It pretty much neutralised him.
Even though the chelsea youngsters had the majority of the ball, they didn't, or couldn't do a lot with it.
A few individual errors, not costly just mis control but it's pretty much expected with developing players. There's signs of a steady stream to the first team starting to materialise, I'm liking it.

D

Deleted member 2719

From what I saw, Cochrane could step straight up with no problem, maybe the same with Dendoncker. Gwargis faded quite badly late second half but he's played a tad more than most this week. Yapi was up against a couple who matched him for pace. It pretty much neutralised him.
Even though the chelsea youngsters had the majority of the ball, they didn't, or couldn't do a lot with it.
A few individual errors, not costly just mis control but it's pretty much expected with developing players. There's signs of a steady stream to the first team starting to materialise, I'm liking it.
I agree Cochrane looked very comfortable. Gwargis was letting the ref get to him a bit but if he sticks his head down, he looks a decent prospect also.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I wonder how far the Potter revolution has filtered through to the youth set up, the coaching there, and the ethos. Is it just me, or do the younger Seagulls still frequently look more like a Hughton team, defending with ten men behind the ball, conceding possession and looking to snatch a 1-0?

We are (were) playing Chelsea, who had won 2 out of 2 before this evening . I think you need a title perspective here. We should be rejoicing that we are now 3rd in the league behind Liverpool and Chelsea. Seriously good effort when you consider players out on loan or rested after the Preston game.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The commentator seems obsessed with us killing time to hang on for the 3 points. I thought these games were primarily about player development with results important, but secondary?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Yes, i thought he was very negative.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Cochrane MOM for me. Rushworth looked great and I was impressed with the substitute Tsoungui.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here