Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ten Years ago

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Absolute SCENES at Withdean ten years ago today, as Fran Sandaza scored a last-minute winner to send us top of League One, where we stayed for the rest of the season.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-25 at 15.23.09.jpeg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Shame ‘The Horse’ got duped by some journo while at Rangers. Think he’s now lower league in Spain, if I could be bothered to check Wiki.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Blimey! There's Hamilton Jnr and I celebrating in that photo too.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9523195 said:
Had this pop up on the old Facebook memories today!

View attachment 128760

Withdean was not a true football ground, it was temporary, open, away fans miles from the pitch but it was home & it saw some very good footballing memories. That photo & the previous one of The Horse celebrating in front of the Withdean crowd bring back some glorious memories of our club and upward trajectory to todays heights of The Premier League. I love our club :cheers:

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Was on a stag in Bournemouth, that goal was greeted with much delight and many beers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cracking shot (the photo, not the goal which was a mess, but who cared?). I loved The Horse. He was rubbish but he could bag a scuffed goal from 1 yard out when it mattered.

Struggling a bit with celebrity crowd spotting, but I have noticed Nasser Hussain top centre, just below the bloke giving it the full beans celebration.

Oh and a slightly overweight Chris Kamara enjoying the goal just to the left. Hang on, there's Frankie Dettori two down from Kammy as well!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I seem to remember the ref being absolutely shit in that game - sticks in my mind for some reason.

The Oldham centre backs got away with murder all the way through and I remember that goal being poetic justice.

Never beat Bridcutt's against Carlisle though for sheer last minute madness....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was only a couple of weeks later that we SMASHED Charlton 0-4 wasn't it.

I know we were driving back from North Yorkshire and the Mrs was pissed off because I'd asked her to drive (so I could check the scores). Everyone was in a better mood by the time we got home.......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Withdean was not a true football ground, it was temporary, open, away fans miles from the pitch but it was home & it saw some very good footballing memories. That photo & the previous one of The Horse celebrating in front of the Withdean crowd bring back some glorious memories of our club and upward trajectory to todays heights of The Premier League. I love our club :cheers:

I loved Withdean. Loved walking along London Rd as fans poured out of side streets, loved the shit chicken pies, loved the tenacity of making it work. Many view it as dark days, they were my glory years.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Cracking shot (the photo, not the goal which was a mess, but who cared?). I loved The Horse. He was rubbish but he could bag a scuffed goal from 1 yard out when it mattered.

Struggling a bit with celebrity crowd spotting, but I have noticed Nasser Hussain top centre, just below the bloke giving it the full beans celebration.

Oh and a slightly overweight Chris Kamara enjoying the goal just to the left. Hang on, there's Frankie Dettori two down from Kammy as well!

Cannot see Nasser or Frankie (he is too short) but I can see Mick Jagger front row right side in the white top

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cannot see Nasser or Frankie (he is too short) but I can see Mick Jagger front row right side in the white top

Good spot. Nas is top centre, peeking out from behind the bird in the stripey top. You can tell by the beak!

Mick's brought his mate Dec off "Ant and Dec" along too. Celebrating next to him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We've come a long long way together.

D

Deleted member 2719

I loved Withdean. Loved walking along London Rd as fans poured out of side streets, loved the shit chicken pies, loved the tenacity of making it work. Many view it as dark days, they were my glory years.

Me, and you are like peas in a pod Clampy.:thumbsup:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I can see the lovely Charlie Dimmock (she had her knockers) or Mick Hucknall in their Man City shirt, half way up, centre left.
Looks more like Mick Hucknall judging by the lack of tension on his top.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can see the lovely Charlie Dimmock (she had her knockers) or Mick Hucknall in their Man City shirt, half way up, centre left.
Looks more like Mick Hucknall judging by the lack of tension on his top.

A youthful Hucknall, in a City shirt, celebrating a Brighton win at the Withdean. What a time to be alive!

Just noticed that Delia Smith is enjoying the goal (centre and to the right of young Mick). "Let's Be Having You!" she's shouting while vigorously waving her programme.

And peeking out behind the guy to the left of Delia is Phil "Parklife" Daniels.

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
There's quite a few lookalikes in there, I see Jurgen K, Phil from Eastenders, A small copy of Noel Gallagher, Mick Hucknall as mentioned, the spooky bloke out of Heroes (the cheerleaders dad), Nasser Hussain, Jonjo (the porky Oz Radio jock), and last but not least, Bez.

I'm sure there's more, we really are a celebrity club, no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here