Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Front 3 in the League?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Slow day at work so came across this interesting fan debate of who has the best front 3 in the premier league..

Oddly enough Connolly, Maupay and Trossard didn't come up in the discussion for whatever reason but looking at the bigger teams there are some very good forward lines.

Liverpool : Mane, Firmino, Salah
Man City : Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez or B.Silva
Man Utd : Rashford, Martial, Greenwood
Chelsea : Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech or Haverts
Arsenal : Aubameyang, Lacazette, Willian or Pepe
Spurs : Bale, Kane, Son

On paper I actually think Spurs is the best, but in practice Liverpool's front 3 work so well together. If I had to rank them I'd go 1. Liverpool 2. Spurs 3. Arsenal 4. Man City 5. Chelsea 6. Man Utd anyone disagree or am I missing any?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah little argument with your 1, 5 and 6 but for me 2, 3 & 4 are all very similar standard.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Interesting how few of those would have even been considered as 'strikers' before 3 up front became fashionable.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Interesting how few of those would have even been considered as 'strikers' before 3 up front became fashionable.

For me the striker has always been the one down the middle or if there's 2 up top. With an attacking front 3 that play together you mostly here left forward, centre forward right forward or striker and wingers. Which is weird because 4-3-3 is nothing new but only recently have players like Salah who plays on the right is considered a striker and Aubameyang who plays on the left is considered a striker.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Most of them arent wingers according to most and I agree with it. Mane, Sterling, Bale etc. are wingers, as I see it, though I know a lot of people here disagree with me on this subject.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
They don’t play as wingers - in the traditional Will Buckley get past last man and get in cross for a target man they are more like inside rights and lefts (playing on the ‘wrong’ foot expected to cut in to use their strong foot.

My thoughts
Liverpool front 3 by far the best - may just be below MSN at their peak (Firmino may not be a star but makes it all happen) - if they get Mbappe next year then wow
Man City - Aguero now past it and Silva/Mahrez not so strong - I’m surprised Abu Dhabi State team hasn’t bought a striker as Pep doesn’t fancy Jesus
Man U - may become the strongest as Rashford and Greenwood age
Chelsea - give it a year all unproven in EPL
Arsenal - doesn’t matter as rest of team is crap - William has settled in well
Spuds - on paper maybe the strongest but Bale may not be as good as he was

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
1) Liverpool. Obviously.

2) Man City. Aguero is arguably the best striker in premier league history, Sterling has developed into a devastating attacking threat and Silva is a wonderful player, nearly as good as his recently departed namesake. Plus they've been together for several years and have proven just how good they are.

It's from 3 down that it gets tricky.

3) Spurs. I'm basing this on how well Kane and Son work together and the assumption that Bale is going to bring something near his 'A' game. If he does, it'll be a frightening front three.

4) Man Utd. Young, speedy, skillfull, eye for goals. All of them. If Sancho joins, bloody hell.

5) Arsenal. Similar to the spurs reasoning except Aubamayang and Lacazette aren't quite as good as Kane and Son(IMO) and Willian, good as he is, is no Bale.

6) Chelsea. I have to put them at 6 as, with the exception of Pulisic, they're all brand new to Chelsea and the Premier League.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I fancy Everton’s front line over some of the teams on that list!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool and ManC’s (most played) front three’s, both scored 92 PL goals in 2018/19 and 2019/20 combined.

ManU, but with Greenwood only really playing last season, 64.

Chelsea and Spurs at this stage are hypothetical.

Other than Auba, Arsenal managers keep titting around in selection around him.

With the awful defending across the PL so far eg Stains, Fulham, WBA and Leeds, perhaps they’ll hit record goal totals this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here