Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Hebdo

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
The whole Je Suis Charlie stuff was so vapid, so meaningless. We have seen it recently with the beheading of the History teacher who shows the cartoons in his class.

Once again tens of thousands "protested" expressing solidarity. At least there wasn't some tosser wheeling out his piano and playing Imagine I suppose but it couldn't have been more cowardly, more ineffectual, more of a virtue signalling nothing. It signalled to the Islamists that they could behead infidels with impunity, but they didn't need to because the French are too cowed to protest anyway. That it is effectively already subject to Islamic Law, wherein representations of the "Prophet" are forbidden. (Ever noticed how the BBC invariably call the founder of Islam "the Prophet Mohammed" by the way? Never the "self proclaimed Prophet?" Kind of how they always refer to "Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.")

What WOULD have some meaning, what would be powerful would be if every single one of those protesters held up one of the "offending" cartoons. What would have some meaning would be if the newspapers printed them, if they were shown on the TV networks. What would have some meaning would be if tens of thousands of teachers in France showed them in their lessons.
THAT would show the nutjobs that we don't live under a caliphate, that they can't kill everyone, and that their attempts to stifle our free speech will fail.

But France lacks the courage to do that, and we do too. If one side is prepared to go to any lengths to impose their will and the other is too cowed to stand up to them, who is the more likely to win long term?

The great and brave editor of Charlie Hebdo, Stephane Charbonnier said that he would rather die standing up against his enemies than live on his knees. He was true to his word, the current protesters are on their knees. They aren't Charlie.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The whole Je Suis Charlie stuff was so vapid, so meaningless. We have seen it recently with the beheading of the History teacher who shows the cartoons in his class.

Once again tens of thousands "protested" expressing solidarity. At least there wasn't some tosser wheeling out his piano and playing Imagine I suppose but it couldn't have been more cowardly, more ineffectual, more of a virtue signalling nothing. It signalled to the Islamists that they could behead infidels with impunity, but they didn't need to because the French are too cowed to protest anyway. That it is effectively already subject to Islamic Law, wherein representations of the "Prophet" are forbidden. (Ever noticed how the BBC invariably call the founder of Islam "the Prophet Mohammed" by the way? Never the "self proclaimed Prophet?" Kind of how they always refer to "Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.")

What WOULD have some meaning, what would be powerful would be if every single one of those protesters held up one of the "offending" cartoons. What would have some meaning would be if the newspapers printed them, if they were shown on the TV networks. What would have some meaning would be if tens of thousands of teachers in France showed them in their lessons.
THAT would show the nutjobs that we don't live under a caliphate, that they can't kill everyone, and that their attempts to stifle our free speech will fail.

But France lacks the courage to do that, and we do too. If one side is prepared to go to any lengths to impose their will and the other is too cowed to stand up to them, who is the more likely to win long term?

The great and brave editor of Charlie Hebdo, Stephane Charbonnier said that he would rather die standing up against his enemies than live on his knees. He was true to his word, the current protesters are on their knees. They aren't Charlie.

I agree with most of that but the French are well pissed off and it looks like they are going to start being proactive. If it is not confronted now it will be worse later.

18% Sunni in Iraq ruled over 82% Shia.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Very true, and in these days when an offensive act in one country on the other side of the world can motivate thousands to take to the streets in outrage and the establishment/cultural organs to equally respond in sympathy here in the U.K. there’s been an all to familiar quiet response here to the beheading of a teacher by a fanatical muslim in a country essentially next door.

If there was any balance at all the footballers this weekend could do a neck slitting gesture just before they took the knee.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Very true, and in these days when an offensive act in one country on the other side of the world can motivate thousands to take to the streets in outrage and the establishment/cultural organs to equally respond in sympathy here in the U.K. there’s been an all to familiar quiet response here to the beheading of a teacher by a fanatical muslim in a country essentially next door.

If there was any balance at all the footballers this weekend could do a neck slitting gesture just before they took the knee.

Keep going nearly there

Regards

DF

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
saying these psychos represent Islam is like saying the EDL represent the UK

You say that almost as though you have the first clue about Islamic theology and its earliest history. But you don't do you?

Mohammed himself ordered the beheading of those who (in his view) had insulted him (in front of his eyes). So these "psychos" are merely following his example. And all Muslims believe Mohammed is the most perfect human being ever to have lived or who ever will live.

The Jew Ka'b ibn al Ashraf, for example, was beheaded after the battle of Badr.

"The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him."

Sahih al-Bukhari 4:52-270

As was the Doctor al Nadir ibn Al-Harith after the same battle:

"An-Nadr visited Persia and learned the stories of some Persian kings, such as Rustum and Isphandiyar. When he went back to Makkah, He found that the Prophet was reciting the ayats of Qur'an sent from Allah to the people. Whenever the Prophet would leave an audience in which An-Nadr was sitting, An-Nadr began narrating to them the stories that he learned in Persia, proclaiming afterwards, Who, by Allah, has better tales to narrate, I or Muhammad. When Allah allowed the Muslims to capture An-Nadr in Badr, the Messenger of Allah commanded that his head be cut off before him, and that was done, all thanks are due to Allah."

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

I know Tommy Robinson isn't a particularly pleasant fellow and everything but he hasn't ordered the beheading of people who have ridiculed him after defeating them in battle.

So far as I know at least.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You say that almost as though you have the first clue about Islamic theology and its earliest history. But you don't do you?

Mohammed himself ordered the beheading of those who (in his view) had insulted him (in front of his eyes). So these "psychos" are merely following his example. And all Muslims believe Mohammed is the most perfect human being ever to have lived or who ever will live.

The Jew Ka'b ibn al Ashraf, for example, was beheaded after the battle of Badr.

"The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him."

Sahih al-Bukhari 4:52-270

As was the Doctor al Nadir ibn Al-Harith after the same battle:

"An-Nadr visited Persia and learned the stories of some Persian kings, such as Rustum and Isphandiyar. When he went back to Makkah, He found that the Prophet was reciting the ayats of Qur'an sent from Allah to the people. Whenever the Prophet would leave an audience in which An-Nadr was sitting, An-Nadr began narrating to them the stories that he learned in Persia, proclaiming afterwards, Who, by Allah, has better tales to narrate, I or Muhammad. When Allah allowed the Muslims to capture An-Nadr in Badr, the Messenger of Allah commanded that his head be cut off before him, and that was done, all thanks are due to Allah."

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

I know Tommy Robinson isn't a particularly pleasant fellow and everything but he hasn't ordered the beheading of people who have ridiculed him after defeating them in battle.

So far as I know at least.

These Agent Smith's either haven't got a clue about Islamic theology and its earliest history, they are connected with the cult in some shape or form, or they are just really thick low IQ psychopaths.

Nice betime stories as well to be fair:

The story of the elderly female tribal leader, Umm Qirfa, who was butchered on the orders of Muhammad with her head delivered to him as a trophy.
https://youtu.be/FXfZWJTZsrw

The Story of the Banu Qurayza tribe is another classic with the beheading of over 600 men and teenage boys after their village was besieged for 25 days, taking their homes, lands, live stock, sex slaves and looting for their war booty.

https://youtu.be/LbhH0wVTU2Q

Muhammad though was certainly a fascinating character for sure who everyone should learn about before they give an opinion about him. We have all grown up with the peaceful Jesus stories so we, even if atheist, think of religion as a nice fairy tale for adults. Muhammad was nothing like that.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Your last sentence is the rantings of a madman. Get a grip. Throat slitting gestures? Balance?! Are you on glue?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
These Agent Smith's either haven't got a clue about Islamic theology and its earliest history, they are connected with the cult in some shape or form, or they are just really thick low IQ psychopaths.

Nice betime stories as well to be fair:

The story of the elderly female tribal leader, Umm Qirfa, who was butchered on the orders of Muhammad with her head delivered to him as a trophy.
https://youtu.be/FXfZWJTZsrw

The Story of the Banu Qurayza tribe is another classic with the beheading of over 600 men and teenage boys after their village was besieged for 25 days, taking their homes, lands, live stock, sex slaves and looting for their war booty.

https://youtu.be/LbhH0wVTU2Q

Muhammad though was certainly a fascinating character for sure who everyone should learn about before they give an opinion about him. We have all grown up with the peaceful Jesus stories so we, even if atheist, think of religion as a nice fairy tale for adults. Muhammad was nothing like that.

If that has triggered and upset you, i wouldn’t read the Bible. Just a trigger warning ⚠️

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There wasn't even enough time between our posts for you to even watch the bedtime stories. You must be due for your next prayer. I don't see people acting out old Bible stories.

I never claimed to have watched it on your link. I’ve seen them before.
I don’t think you know very much at all about any religion. You have been triggered by some cartoons on an anti-Islamic site and think you have some insight. You clearly don’t. You’re a reactionary fool. You need to calm down and educate yourself.

All your arguments fall to pieces under the slightest scrutiny. They wouldn’t resist a kitten fart. No wonder you won’t post a link to your echo chamber :)

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Your last sentence is the rantings of a madman. Get a grip. Throat slitting gestures? Balance?! Are you on glue?

You could have a point.........how can footballers and sportspeople generally stand in solidarity with those outraged at the beheading of a teacher by a Muslim who prevent a lesson on liberal society and free speech?

What about if pre match, they wipe their arse on pages from the Koran and when they take the knee hold up the shit stained pages?

Those that don’t want can hold up standard shit stained Andrex to ensure that the whole football community stands together against attacks on free speech.

Is that better?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I never claimed to have watched it on your link. I’ve seen them before.
I don’t think you know very much at all about any religion. You have been triggered by some cartoons on an anti-Islamic site and think you have some insight. You clearly don’t. You’re a reactionary fool. You need to calm down and educate yourself.

All your arguments fall to pieces under the slightest scrutiny. They wouldn’t resist a kitten fart. No wonder you won’t post a link to your echo chamber :)

I know a lot about this religion actually, and I have heard all of your apologetics before, like a scratched record. You are giving yourself away here.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You could have a point.........how can footballers and sportspeople generally stand in solidarity with those outraged at the beheading of a teacher by a Muslim who prevent a lesson on liberal society and free speech?

What about if pre match, they wipe their arse on pages from the Koran and when they take the knee hold up the shit stained pages?

Those that don’t want can hold up standard shit stained Andrex to ensure that the whole football community stands together against attacks on free speech.

Is that better?

Errrrm okaaaay

*slowly backs away from the crazy man*

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know a lot about this religion actually, and I have heard all of your apologetics before, like a scratched record. You are giving yourself away here.

I don’t believe you for a second. You’re full of shit.

Apologist? No, darling. I utterly condemn the murder of the French teacher. Utterly.

I have no problem with how the huge majority of Muslims choose to follow Islam. I have a great many problems with terrorists and murderers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All stories like your example are being exposed and dealt with, however this is the Charlie Hebdo thread about the brutal killing of anyone who criticises the cult not paedophiles. There is another thread for that.

Thought so.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don’t believe you for a second. You’re full of shit.

Apologist? No, darling. I utterly condemn the murder of the French teacher. Utterly.

I have no problem with how the huge majority of Muslims choose to follow Islam. I have a great many problems with terrorists and murderers.

But are you ok with the mockery of their religion/prophet and their backward ways?

The essential juxtaposition between western style tolerance and liberalism should be that we in the West should be able to caricature Mo and his followers without worrying about having our heads lopped off?

Are the huge amount of Muslims you refer too, happy with that situation or are they head loppers?

You can understand western society’s difficulty with the head loppers.........they are in the same group as the arena bombers, concert shooters, truck drivers into crowds, random knife stabbers, plane crashers, groomers, honour killers, FGMers, mysoginsts and all mental health issue Herberts.

You know the MO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here