Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man Utd tomorrow. What has potter learnt from playing against the big boys?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So what are people's expectations tomorrow then?

After 3 wins in a row, everyone is rightfully buzzing.

However; we are playing against a team that has consistently outsmarted Potter since he took over. At Old Trafford we played into their hands and it could have been a cricket score. Last season at home they destroyed us.

Utd are lightening quick on the break and they will hunt us in packs. I think we will need to be more defensive for this one. We surely need to mix it up a bit and can't really afford to spend too much time playing from the back, Or we will have the obligatory goal given away by a sloppy back pass. I think we have a shout tomorrow of getting something but we will need to not concede early and certainly get some luck.

Oh... and Ryan will have to actually make some saves and not concede any goals from outside the box [emoji6]

Game on ......

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seemingly not everyone is buzzing.

Some just can't help but stick the boot in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

However; we are playing against a team that has consistently outsmarted Potter since he took over. At Old Trafford we played into their hands and it could have been a cricket score. Last season at home they destroyed us.

Utd are lightening quick on the break and they will hunt us in packs. I think we will need to be more defensive for this one. We surely need to mix it up a bit and can't really afford to spend too much time playing from the back, Or we will have the obligatory goal given away by a sloppy back pass. I think we have a shout tomorrow of getting something but we will need to not concede early and certainly get some luck.

Oh... and Ryan will have to actually make some saves and not concede any goals from outside the box [emoji6]

Game on ......

Isnt it weird how these £5bn teams often seem to outsmart their opponents?

Its almost like there is other factors than smartness involved

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Isnt it weird how these £5bn teams often seem to outsmart their opponents?

Its almost like there is other factors than smartness involved
That's hughtonesque mentality !!

Ironically hughtons defensive tactics did seem to work against Man U

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Uniteds midfield and forward line are very good, their defence is shit. We have to attack but be wary of the counter attack's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Uniteds midfield and forward line are very good, their defence is shit. We have to attack but be wary of the counter attack's.

Deffo.

If Maguire is still their most mobile defender the attacking Triumvirate should really enjoy themselves, esp if Lamptey and Solly are able to keep his support network, out wide.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am more interested in why Manchester United deserve capitalisation but our past and present managers don't warrant that courtesy .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wouldn’t be a Dwayne post without a few digs at the club/players he seemingly supports, would it. Seems more enamoured by United, interestingly. ???

larus

Is this the same Man U that lost 3-1 to CP last week or a different one?

Yes, we could lose as they have some quality players, but we could also win. I want us to play how we’ve played against Chelsea and Toon. I like watching us play now - the last season under CH I was watching but not enjoying. We were so negative and it was embarrassing in some ways. I don’t want to go back to ‘park the bus’ or whatever else. We’re not gung-ho In our style - all the time we have possession the opposition can’t score.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very much looking forward to tomorrow’s game. Midfield is crucial and Biss will be missed. That Utd defence though is woeful and definitely something we can exploit. The team we played last season is not the one that stunk the ground out against Palace last weekend. My glass is half full and I expect us to get something out of the game providing we can avoid any major errors like Alzate’s against Chelsea. Also a Molumby Alzate centre midfield has got to have you intrigued.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006

Game on ......

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How can two games be considered when discussing being 'consistently outsmarted'?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
United seem to struggle against teams that sit in and counter more than those teams who like to play football and open the game up. I still think we have a shot though, I fancy a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here