Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man Utd tomorrow. What has potter learnt from playing against the big boys?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I would have been more confident with Biss in the side but they're beatable. Individually aside from a few man to man they're better than us. Palace beat them with a very good sit back and force mistakes gameplan I would like us to do a similar thing. I think we can beat them but still think they're massive favourites and wouldn't be surprised if we lost heavy again if we try to outplay them. Also think a high scoring draw could be a possibility I don't see a low scoring game.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Has he ? Did you go that last game (with fans) at Molineux for example ?
1 shot on target, no corners.
He knows how to draw ugly too.

Sorry, I should have clarified with "park the bus - at home [not just away]"
I would expect any bottom 6 side when playing a top 10 side away to be able to have a negating tactic [like PTB] but CH seemed to set up this way home or away.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry, I should have clarified with "park the bus - at home [not just away]"
I would expect any bottom 6 side when playing a top 10 side away to be able to have a negating tactic [like PTB] but CH seemed to set up this way home or away.

So he doesn't park the bus except when he does. Ok. fair enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm very nervous about tomorrow. A lot of neutrals seem to be expecting us to get a result and that never seems to bode well. United can't be worse than they were last week. If things go their way, that front three are relentless. This United are flat track bullies and could hammer virtually anyone in the league if they are allowed to play without pressure being put on their weaknesses. We need to get at their defence early, but they will be geared up to do the same thing to us.

We were much too meek in the last game against them and we will miss Bissouma in our attempts to change this. After the media attention following the Newcastle game, they will have to have been thinking about how to combat the threat of TL. We need to have other ways to hurt them and need Solly to be on top form on the left. We also cannot put a foot wrong in possession in front of our goal.

Unless we're perfect, we could end up in big trouble. Oddschecker shows that you can get 30/1 on us getting tonked 4-0, but only 20/1 on Liverpool doing the same thing to Arsenal. I'm not saying that this will be the score, but I know which of those scenarios seems more likely to me.

This. We played very well against Newcastle but we opened the kimono.

However, if United change their game to combat TL we've won the opening battle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still hasn't learnt has he

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I noticed you barely commented on the Newcastle game............

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The goals against column could be a little worrying this season. No replacement for Duffy who could win a ball in the air

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The goals against column could be a little worrying this season. No replacement for Duffy who could win a ball in the air
This comment very prevalent today.

Why can't potter adapt to playing the big teams? Why do we get stuffed near enough every time.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here