Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs given Carabao Cup bye after Orient players test positive for COVID

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spurs fans have been spending big in the Orient store.
They have spent well over £20,000 so far.

Certainly the classiest thing to come from Spurs in a very long time - well done all.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512

Surely this is setting a dangerous precedent? As the infection rates increase, this could happen a lot couldn’t it? Harsh on Orient I feel.

A very dangerous precedent. If spurs players test positive when we meet them in the fa cup final, then I expect a win to be granted to us, and both shares of the cup final money of course

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512

Surely this is setting a dangerous precedent? As the infection rates increase, this could happen a lot couldn’t it? Harsh on Orient I feel.

Due to FIFA and UEFA deciding to add pointless internationals into an already packed season there is no other time to play it.

They should have been stopped till Feb .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not sure this would have happened if Spurs had the covid cases rather than little Orient.

Would have been a good payday for Orient that they no doubt desperately need.

Sad

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There's no way in the world that we're going to complete the season and then have the European Championships next summer.

A couple of weeks in and everything is chaotic already. I don't expect anything will improve with the colder months coming.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
With the prevalence in the community increasing, its only a matter of time before games start being forfeited here there and everywhere. I understand there’s little time to fill in cup fixtures but I can’t imagine them doing this if a big team couldn’t fulfill a fixture due to similar circumstances.

Clubs are really going to have to start locking up their players under house arrest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Aren't some of those 'pointless' internationals actual going to be world cup qualifiers?

No the ones just gone nor the next set - nations league and a friendly.

NL is tied into World Qualifying - but that is easy to get around as they still have the old school route as well.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure this would have happened if Spurs had the covid cases rather than little Orient.

Would have been a good payday for Orient that they no doubt desperately need.

Sad

Pretty sure Spurs would have been more than happy for that to happen given their fixture schedule.

I'm not sure why we have a League Cup this year really. Perhaps someone can explain it to me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What should be of major concern to the EPL is that some EFL clubs rejected the offer from EPL clubs to pay for testing. Why would they reject that other than to avoid the risk of possibly not fulfilling the fixture! That runs the risk of infecting Premier League clubs which can then lead to last minute cancellations of fixtures.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
A very dangerous precedent. If spurs players test positive when we meet them in the fa cup final, then I expect a win to be granted to us, and both shares of the cup final money of course

No point them sharing any cup final money with us, will only disappear.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Spurs fans have been spending big in the Orient store.
They have spent well over £20,000 so far.

Certainly the classiest thing to come from Spurs in a very long time - well done all.

The real high ground would be for Spurs to give the Chelsea TV money to Orient.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The real high ground would be for Spurs to give the Chelsea TV money to Orient.

That would require a level of class from the owner and Levy that appears to be in rather short supply. Still you never know.

Some reports suggest Spurs have a greater need for that cash, than Orient.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That would require a level of class from the owner and Levy that appears to be in rather short supply. Still you never know.

Some reports suggest Spurs have a greater need for that cash, than Orient.

That would make sense seeing as they allowed the circus style Prime documentary into their lives, I can only assume it was for the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That would make sense seeing as they allowed the circus style Prime documentary into their lives, I can only assume it was for the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They are definitely in some trouble and are heavily refinancing having banked projected gate receipts in advance of opening The Armitage Shanks, only to then close it again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here