Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Your favourite spots

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So many brilliant places round my way. I'll pick one. Herne Bay, away from the main sea front, beaches where the water is so warmed by the sun on the flats that you can swim comfortably there in late September (was there last week) and even in October (and I am deffo not an 'all year swimmer'). Fantastic spot for cycling, too. I took the mountain bike across the clifftops to Reculver recently. From there it is a long flat run on the wide coast path to Birchington. Magic.

Herne Bay.jpg

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Past - North Stand when Wardy was playing, Devil’s Dyke/Ditchling Beacon/anywhere on the Downs really
Present - Connemara
Future - West Stand Upper as we qualify for Europe

Two with one stone in WSU you can see the majestic downs above the East Stand. Really miss that view. Quite often zoned out during CH Prem tenure when not much was happening on the pitch and just looked up to the hills.

The undercliff walk in autumn/winter before all the algae have died away and the water is a vivid turquoise on my bike when the waves are crashing over the sea walls always gets me.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I haven't been to either of these places for a number of years now, but they are so staggeringly beautiful that they are still my two favourite places ever visited.

Gorge du Verdon in France, and Silver Falls State Park in Oregon. Absolutely stunning.

image_processing20190501-14-1jbssvz.jpg
moustier-saint-marie-village-provence-camping-verdon-international-ciela-village.jpg

511bb60fa282965497501298dad4a5ca594a7786ce875bafd7fa1d8d376fc01f-750.jpg
DSC_0097.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Du Toites Kloof Pass in the Western province was spectacular

Attachments

• 1C33C818-3767-4134-ACFB-46DEF4D1160B.jpeg
    1C33C818-3767-4134-ACFB-46DEF4D1160B.jpeg
    754.3 KB · Views: 47

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
B.C is stunning, loved my time in Squarmish, Whistler and Richmond. Just watched Virgin River on Netflix, based in California but they used B.C for the filming locations.

As B.C is chosen, I'll go with Chamonix, my old home. The Lac Blanc. It's a bit of a hike to get to, so tends to be quiet. Truly stunning.

A few of my friends have just bought houses in Squamish, over the past 5 years it's seen a huge influx of city people who can't afford the Vancouver real-estate market.

Great mountain biking and back country skiing, that's where i'll be moving next.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anywhere along the Amalfi coast, heaven :D

It’s alright by boat or train, but one long gridlocked coastal road in season. Terrible. And lemonchela is disgusting. Smells and tastes like washing up liquid. Yuk! Nope, been there, done Pompei etc. Unlikely to go back. Locals are charming but they know how to rip you off too if you let them. Will do other parts of Italy instead.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It’s alright by boat or train, but one long gridlocked coastal road in season. Terrible. And lemonchela is disgusting. Smells and tastes like washing up liquid. Yuk! Nope, been there, done Pompei etc. Unlikely to go back. Locals are charming but they know how to rip you off too if you let them. Will do other parts of Italy instead.

Cheers for the advice Judith :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here