NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Number 7

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mottisfont Abbey in Hampshire. An attractive house but beautiful gardens and the River Test running past.

Stoer Head in Sutherland, west coast of Scotland. First time we went there was on a bright sunny day. Lighthouse, cliffs and no one else around. Serene, calm and beautiful. On a clear day you can see forever, as the old song has it!

I’ve been to both of those.

The crystal clear waters of the chalk stream with trout, and amazing walled garden at Mottisfont.

Sutherland is so beautiful, far from the madding crowd.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Arundel Cricket Ground and the view through the gap in the trees over Amberley, simply stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Every inch of British Columbia

B.C is stunning, loved my time in Squarmish, Whistler and Richmond. Just watched Virgin River on Netflix, based in California but they used B.C for the filming locations.

As B.C is chosen, I'll go with Chamonix, my old home. The Lac Blanc. It's a bit of a hike to get to, so tends to be quiet. Truly stunning.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Much as I love many spots around Sussex, I have always had a soft spot for a Mediterranean beach, flanked by pine trees, with maybe a small beach bar (and the good thing is, they aren't hard to find). They are all around the thousands of miles of coastline across many countries.

crystal-clear-blue-mediterranean-sea-water-st-croix-martigues-beach-pine-trees-provence-france-g.jpg

I even found a few on Ibiza (albeit 35+ years ago)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I used to get an amazing one in the join from ear to head behind my ear lobe. I could really enjoy it because no one could see it but i knew, put some effort into poking the bugger for a few days, and I'd get a volvano to play with when the time arrived. Probably the best tasting one as well

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Fairlight Beach. Getting to it is akin to Leonardo Di Caprio’s journey to find ‘The Beach’ but once you get there it’s worth it, lots of naked nubile bodies, plus a fair amount of ageing meat and two veg on show. Marvellous.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
The Palouse region of eastern Washington (where I went to grad school). It’s impossible to capture the scale and vastness of the region. Those windmills in the background are probably 60-70 miles away and each one of those “hills” are half a mile tall. It’s the most efficient soil in the world for growing wheat and very common region for desktop background pictures. I so wish a picture could capture it.

Palouse_Patchwork-RodSchwartz.jpg

WSU, eh?

I had to do the drive from Spokane to Pullman a couple of times and, yes, that's an incredible landscape. Went to lunch near the bear research centre just as they were let out for exercise ... boy them f******s move fast.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
At the risk of sounding slightly snobby ( I’m not but I do like a bit of luxury ) La Plage du Martinez is one of my favourite spots . It’s a private beach on Cannes croisette, which is run by the Martinez hotel . Lovely comfortable loungers to lie on , beautiful beach restaurant with lovely food . Waiters will bring chilled rose / champagne or freshly squeezed orange juice to your lounger . You can sit and have lunch at the beach restaurant or eat it at your lounger. They can also arrange some water sports for you . Not cheap , a day on the beach for two with a few drinks , lunch and sun lounger hire will set you back about 250 euros but so worth it .

Great for celebrity spotting ! Leo di caprio, Kate moss , Kate Hudson , Cesc fabregas, rob lowe, yasmin le Bon etc all regulars .
Grab the front row loungers if you can !

Last edited:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
West Highlands, Fort William is a bit meh but anywhere in the surrounding area will do me fine, it drops my heart rate by about 25% as well.IMG_20190919_182731.jpg

Last edited:

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
WSU, eh?

I had to do the drive from Spokane to Pullman a couple of times and, yes, that's an incredible landscape. Went to lunch near the bear research centre just as they were let out for exercise ... boy them f******s move fast.

Yep! Used to love taking my friends out to see the bears when they’d visit out there on the back way to the little airport between Pullman and Moscow. It’s funny, when most people think of Washington they assume it is all evergreens like over on the Seattle side. Very different in eastern WA. Area gives a new definition to “middle of nowhere” as the city limit stops and then there’s nothing for a long while. Loved it!

Had a few classes at UI over in Moscow and got an email alert one day with this on it..
t0RDVSQ.jpg

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not those spots but sites.

I bloody love Chesil Beach. Have a beer, walk, fish, just look at it.

G....that’s a hard one ???

Fairlight Beach. Getting to it is akin to Leonardo Di Caprio’s journey to find ‘The Beach’ but once you get there it’s worth it, lots of naked nubile bodies, plus a fair amount of ageing meat and two veg on show. Marvellous.

Are you having a laugh, that nudist beach (I'm told), has allsorts on display resembling an afternoons work at the abattoir :eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The walk to the lighthouse in Byron Bay, most easterly point on the Australian mainland. Mount Warning in the distance, whales, dolphins, the occasional shark in the bay, brush turkeys, big lizards and once or twice a reclusive wallaby in the rain forest. Love that place so much. Sadly doesn't look like I'll be seeing it again for a while :down:

Been there, and done that, very nice it is too. I'm forever grateful for where I live. beach, river, rolling hills all within a one mile radius of home. we have plenty of wildlife too, especially in Southwick:lolol:

Another favourite place, and not just for cars is Belgium. . . . Spa.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The view from this house is quite breathtaking:-

white_cottagemer_450x300.jpg

Oh...

white_cottagemer_450x214.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here