Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Your favourite spots

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not those spots but sites.

I bloody love Chesil Beach. Have a beer, walk, fish, just look at it.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
The Palouse region of eastern Washington (where I went to grad school). It’s impossible to capture the scale and vastness of the region. Those windmills in the background are probably 60-70 miles away and each one of those “hills” are half a mile tall. It’s the most efficient soil in the world for growing wheat and very common region for desktop background pictures. I so wish a picture could capture it.

Palouse_Patchwork-RodSchwartz.jpg

Attachments

• Palouse_Patchwork-RodSchwartz.jpg
    Palouse_Patchwork-RodSchwartz.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 260

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I love a boat ride along Lake Iseo.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You can’t of course just have one places yer bleeding love. Portland reminds me of The WhickervMan’..... but I love it. Love to go there in a big storm.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Circular Quays in Sydney. Stand on the station platform look straight ahead and without moving you head you have in your field of vision, on your left the Sydney harbour bridge and on your right the iconic Opera house.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Cuckmere Haven, Black Rabbit pub in Arundel, Crown & Anchor pub at Dell Quay near Chichester. The Norfolk Broads. You might notice a theme.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Cuckmere Haven, Black Rabbit pub in Arundel, Crown & Anchor pub at Dell Quay near Chichester. The Norfolk Broads. You might notice a theme.

You ever go to a fall concert at the Brown Amphitheater in PTC? Taking the golf cart to it, getting a table and some good band on a coolish evening was one of my favorite things in the town.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
You ever go to a fall concert at the Brown Amphitheater in PTC? Taking the golf cart to it, getting a table and some good band on a coolish evening was one of my favorite things in the town.

A couple of times yes. Not a bad evening out as you described but for me you cannot beat a pub by the river or sea.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lorne on the Great Ocean Road

A few other beaches between here and there.

Buckley's Falls a bit closer to home.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like New York in June, how about you?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Nothing beats a relaxing stroll along Viaduct Road, peering into those wonderful planter boxes that block the road and admiring the colourful display of empty crisp packets and pizza boxes. Quite wonderful.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mottisfont Abbey in Hampshire. An attractive house but beautiful gardens and the River Test running past.

Stoer Head in Sutherland, west coast of Scotland. First time we went there was on a bright sunny day. Lighthouse, cliffs and no one else around. Serene, calm and beautiful. On a clear day you can see forever, as the old song has it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The walk to the lighthouse in Byron Bay, most easterly point on the Australian mainland. Mount Warning in the distance, whales, dolphins, the occasional shark in the bay, brush turkeys, big lizards and once or twice a reclusive wallaby in the rain forest. Love that place so much. Sadly doesn't look like I'll be seeing it again for a while :down:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You can’t of course just have one places yer bleeding love. Portland reminds me of The WhickervMan’..... but I love it. Love to go there in a big storm.

Spent last 10 months of my time in the RN living on Portland. It is very much wickerman country. The local rag had a piece on a Portland a guy who took his holidays in .......Weymouth.

Chisel beach is a magnificent stroll even when it’s blowing a hoolie. I used to run from Portland to Weymouth and back a couple of times a week and the run along chisel was always the best bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here