Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Music Cassette Tapes

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
pS: A very good thing of course but only my doing in spirit. that TIU Xmas party was just before my stint (1989-1994)

That's quality Harry. Thanks. Although I'm going to have to dig my tape out as I have an inkling it may be longer.

Jem, you'll just have to accept my thanks on behalf of the whole TIU crew. Me and my indie starved mates outside of Brighton felt so lucky to be served with something so niche at the time of life when it seemed most important. TIU told me not to miss Pixies on the first date of their 1989 UK tour. One of the gigs of my life and coolest woman in the world, Kim Deal at her most cool. Thanks to all.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
:clap2:

Many a happy trip to Rounder Records in Brighton during this time period to buy said tape recordings of nights out in Brighton!!

P.S. On the rare trips I make these days to the gym, I STILL use a Walkman!! :ohmy: Know it make me a dinosaur, but fu1k it, I still like listening to dance tunes when I exercise and all my good stuff is on tape, so hence the use of my Walkman!![/QU
Good to hear you still enjoy the music.i don't have any original tapes now but a few have been uploaded to YouTube from that era.
Its funny now I look back,even though the rave scene was all about djs and vinyl the cassette was actually a huge part of it due to the popularity of the post event mix tapes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here