Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-28/09

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lampard will not be Chelsea manager for much longer, he is going to fold under the immense pressure that he is now under imo

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I met up with a another NSC this week, we discussed relegation candidates and I said don’t write off WBA.

Based on: their first two games. They bossed Leicester in every way in the first half, last week they tore Everton to shreds and were more than their match until Gibbs got himself sent off. Both expensively assembled opponents. WBA have a really exciting bunch of forwards with pace to burn, guile, who score for fun. Imho it was a huge gaff by West Ham in selling Diangana, no wonder Noble was seething.

They’ll no doubt concede loads, but this WBA team is so different to their physical, horrible to watch teams of the last 25 years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Nice to enjoy games like this when you aren't desperately hoping for a team around you to lose. Far too early to worry about such things so nice to see the wheels come off.

Don't agree. 3 points gained today for potential relegation rivals is as bad as 3 points gained in May.

I always look at the other fixtures and think - who are we more likely to finish above of the two teams playing ? and then back the other team - so Palace v Everton (come on Everton) , West Brom v Chelsea (come on Chelsea) etc.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well this is a bit of a kick in the balls after earlier. God if only we could take chances like West Brom have when playing well against the big teams. Could easily have been us 3 up at half time against united today or Chelsea last week.
Sigh

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't agree. 3 points gained today for potential relegation rivals is as bad as 3 points gained in May.

I always look at the other fixtures and think - who are we more likely to finish above of the two teams playing ? and then back the other team - so Palace v Everton (come on Everton) , West Brom v Chelsea (come on Chelsea) etc.
I'll get over it. We have no idea who will and won't be relegation candidates and we ourselves look perfectly capable of getting enough points to not worry about other teams. If an when that changes, I will change my opinion but Fulham, Sheff Utd, Southampton, Burnley and West Ham to name but a few, look worse than WBA right now and there is no way I am going to watch every early season game through my fingers in case a team that the masses have decided is rubbish win a game they are not expected to.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
At this rate, next season we could be watching "Frank Lampard's Accrington Stanley"

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
At this rate, next season we could be watching "Frank Lampard's Accrington Stanley"

He’s not black enough for that job. Swindon Town is the lowest managerial position the FA will sanction for Frank. Sol Campbell meanwhile is a shoe-in for the asst. manager’s position at AFC Lyme Regis.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'll get over it. We have no idea who will and won't be relegation candidates and we ourselves look perfectly capable of getting enough points to not worry about other teams. If an when that changes, I will change my opinion but Fulham, Sheff Utd, Southampton, Burnley and West Ham to name but a few, look worse than WBA right now and there is no way I am going to watch every early season game through my fingers in case a team that the masses have decided is rubbish win a game they are not expected to.

Ok. People are different.

I have always watched other games with this thought in mind. It doesn't help my nerves as I can't even relax 3 games into the season :ffsparr:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see Manure on first, the broadcast media bias towards them is incredible,

I agree, although it is the weekend I'm sure the average age Man U fan should be in bed by 11 pm and certainly won't make the Sunday morning early repeat.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
On the flip side, the 3/1 I took on Arsenal to finish in the top four will be clipped further if they get something at Anfield on Monday night. Mikel Arteta is doing brilliantly at the Emirates.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
77% possession and 3-0 down.

It's a funny old game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here