Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potters Coaching team

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Potter rightly getting a lot of plaudits for transforming the way we play but really more should be made of the incredible job the coaching team have done with developing our players.

Ben Roberts must be one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the country as he has shown time and time again by consistently taking and improving all of our keepers.

Really like Billy Reid you can imagine him being a really popular figure around the team and put a much needed arm around the younger players. Along with Hamberg we have seen the development of our young players like Connelly, Bissouma and Alzate accelerate to extraordinary levels.

I don’t know what others are thinking but I have been blown away with the player development since this new team were put in place and whilst Potter selects the players these guys surely deserve huge recognition for pushing the players to be credible starters for the first team.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fair enough point. The support staff seem to keep a fairly low profile so you don't really see what they are about. Stands to reason gp can't do it all on his own, and he clearly trusts them to keep bringing them to new clubs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Amazing what a couple of wins does, if we lost at Newcastle and dumped out the cup would this thread exist???

But it isn't just a couple of wins is it, its a 9 match unbeaten away run, its all the wins and points from after lockdown, its the performances when we play and lose as well as win, its the blossoming of a stream of players from the development squads. Its the P4 W3 D0 L1 For 10 Against 3, 7 different scorers, 3 Clean sheets. And we didn't lose against Newcastle, we played them of their own pitch (quite literally with one player allegedly requesting a sub!)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tony Bloom has surrounded himself with some brilliant people, on and off the pitch, and those brilliant people have surrounded themselves with other brilliant people. That’s why our club is so brilliant.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tony Bloom has surrounded himself with some brilliant people, on and off the pitch, and those brilliant people have surrounded themselves with other brilliant people. That’s why our club is so brilliant.

m81y7o1tl2siihtapwgk.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

The contrast with your signature

'never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did'

merely highlights how lucky we presently are.

Long may it continue. . . .and if anyone reading this see's TB heading anywhere near a helicopter, or racing motorbike etc, stop him!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's almost as if there's a plan.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've operated at both head and support coach level in elite junior cricket [county].

As a head coach you plan and drive the squad training and direction and become accountable for all outcomes.
As a support coach, the head-coach will [should] provide [training] session plans and it is your responsibility to ensure squad players follow.
Whilst a good support coach will be able to apply his personality and style to the training methods, the training material usually comes from the head coach.

I have encountered poor coaches operating in both head and support coach capacity.
There is definitely a way of working with players that works better than others and having been a good player doesn't necessary follow that someone will be a good coach either..

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I loved Steve Sidwell's comment in The Times before the opening Chelsea game. He explained that his specific remit as an under-16s coach was off the ball training. A colleague dealt with on the ball matters. "We really do go into that much detail here," he said, adding that the sky was the limit at this club.

Wonderful stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here