Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crowd effect or no crowd effects?

Crowd effect or no crowd effects?

• WITH crowd effects

Votes: 78 62.9%
  • WITHOUT crowd effects

Votes: 46 37.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't find it now, but I think we polled on this during the early days of Project Restart.

Now we've become more accustomed to televised crowd-less football, when you have a choice do you go for crowd sound effects or au naturel?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Have the crowd noise on.

Partly because it just feels a little more normal when I have the football on in the background.

Secondly, I have two young kids and the crowd noise slightly muffles the cries of 'JUST ****ING KICK IT OUT'

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I find I always subconsciously tune out the crowd noise at the best of times, and actually quite like hearing snippets from the players/dugout etc during the game, so usually go "Without" if given the option.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If I had the choice I'd have both with a mix/balance option . . . . . a bit like being at a non league game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Def crowd effects for me......can pretty much forget it’s behind closed doors with them on (particularly as they get a bit smarter). With them off, it’s a bit like watching a Sunday league game.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I quite like the general murmur and the goal noises. But when they pump out songs, as if the crowd was singing, irks me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Prefer it without myself. Find it quite funny in some games when the commentators have to apologise for the 'inappropriate language you may have just heard' ! In the league 2 play off semi last season the commentator had to apologise 8 times during the game. Very funny.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon this enforced experiment has just gone to prove how much of the SKY high hype relies on boots on/in the ground. Flat as a pancake otherwise

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I prefer without. I'm experiencing the game in the same way that the players are. Who needs game noises !

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It makes a massive difference on the radio as well, I listened to one of the games last season when I was out and about and it was really quite difficult to follow, the Newcastle game this season with fake crowd noise just felt a lot more natural and easier to follow.

+1 for fake crowd noise, can't wait until we're allowed back.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The game last night just felt like a training game. Even if it's fake is really need to make the game feel as important as it actually is

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I actually need the white noise of the fake crowd to concentrate on the football.

Without that, I start wondering about the eerie silence and how it might be affecting the player, I start to think how utterly shite it is without the crowd.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't find it now, but I think we polled on this during the early days of Project Restart.

Now we've become more accustomed to televised crowd-less football, when you have a choice do you go for crowd sound effects or au naturel?

Loved the fake crowd noise but loved the rawness of the Preston sound yesterday. Fence.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Prefer it without myself. Find it quite funny in some games when the commentators have to apologise for the 'inappropriate language you may have just heard' ! In the league 2 play off semi last season the commentator had to apologise 8 times during the game. Very funny.

That was probably Paul Merson in the Studio

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It makes a massive difference on the radio as well, I listened to one of the games last season when I was out and about and it was really quite difficult to follow, the Newcastle game this season with fake crowd noise just felt a lot more natural and easier to follow.

+1 for fake crowd noise, can't wait until we're allowed back.

Agree on the radio point. It's made me realise that I often know what has happened more quickly due to the presence of a crowd.

On radio commentaries without crowd noise, it can take a surprisingly long time for a commentator to actually reveal a goal has been scored!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With the crowd effect, particularly on radio commentaries. It’s almost like a normal game.

EastWarren

Jan 24, 2015
Brighton

My preference - crowd noise. Good that people have the option though. Didn't think I would like it, but in games where it hasn't been available the whole thing is a bit soulless and flat. In the main it is done pretty well, and on balance it's better than hearing the opposition assistant coach yell "For f#@*s sake, Deano!" for 90 minutes.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I prefer it, personally. I came across this video the other day, taken from the stand at Stamford Bridge, showing Jurgen Klopp bollocking his bench for cheering Christensen's red card. Seeing what it's like from what would have been a fan's perspective of the match really hammered home just how sterile the experience is:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here