Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] NHS CV19 tracing app.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
By law they don't have to show you exemption certificates. I do not have to wear a mask under medical grounds, but I wear one when I go into shops, because I get fed up with all the dirty looks and comments saying that you can get anything off the internet these days. Was even stopped by an enforcement officer ( the ones who give out fines for littering) showed him not only my exemption certificate also the phone app, still did not believe me, he started to write out a fine, luckily before finishing I started to walk away that's when he grabbed me, that gave me grounds to use force on him, cut a long story short, police turned up, asked me if I wanted to take it further, I said no just leave it. E had a good talking to and was made to apologise to me.

By law, I don’t have to let them enter my business and, potentially put my other customers or staff at risk .
I think this is what will happen now, if they can’t wear either a face covering or a face shield, they can stay away.
It takes no more than a minute to come into my cafe and sit down, if they can’t abide by the rules for that small amount of time, I don’t think they should be out of their homes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By law, I don’t have to let them enter my business and, potentially put my other customers or staff at risk .
I think this is what will happen now, if they can’t wear either a face covering or a face shield, they can stay away.
It takes no more than a minute to come into my cafe and sit down, if they can’t abide by the rules for that small amount of time, I don’t think they should be out of their homes.

I wear a mask ..But I avoid places that discriminate

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wear a mask ..But I avoid places that discriminate

Fair enough, your choice.
Personally, with several underlying health problems myself, that led to me having an authentic shielding letter during the lockdown, and having quite a few customers who are elderly, several over the age of 80, my choice is to ask customers who refuse to wear a mask or face shield for the short amount of time they would not be seated in my cafe, to take their custom somewhere that cares less for their fellow customers welfare.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally, with several underlying health problems myself, that led to me having an authentic shielding letter during the lockdown, and having quite a few customers who are elderly, several over the age of 80, my choice is to ask customers who refuse to wear a mask or face shield for the short amount of time they would not be seated in my cafe, to take their custom somewhere that cares less for their other customers welfare.

Likewise ...your choice :)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All the info out today about how the app works makes a big deal of the assurance that it won't drain your battery. How can that be if you need Bluetooth and location services on?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All the info out today about how the app works makes a big deal of the assurance that it won't drain your battery. How can that be if you need Bluetooth and location services on?

I’ve seen comments on twitter regarding excessive battery draining ...how true I have no idea....give it a bash n see?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I think that’s more than fair enough. Everyone, even those with hidden ailments or disabilities that could choose to take offence if challenged, need to understand this is a threat like no other and extraordinary times. Candidly, people need to get over themselves and conform. It won’t kill them. But COVID might.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Then the law needs changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
But in your own business, you can set the rules based on your application of staff health and safety.... no masks, no service. I have to ask why if you have a serious enough condition that prohibits mask wearing, why would you risk yourself and the public at large?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
That is a worryingly extreme and hysterical view.

I wear a mask and frown upon people that don't, but even in a pandemic, to have laws to control behaviour in such a way is just... dystopian.

Things like this are scarier than the pandemic itself.
You know that a business is a pvt affair, not a public right of way... so the proprietor is fully entitled to invoke any reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of him or herself and any staff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Personally, with several underlying health problems myself, that led to me having an authentic shielding letter during the lockdown, and having quite a few customers who are elderly, several over the age of 80, my choice is to ask customers who refuse to wear a mask or face shield for the short amount of time they would not be seated in my cafe, to take their custom somewhere that cares less for their fellow customers welfare.
I'm right behind you on this, the biggest problem is that some small businesses, and even a few large one's, don't have the staff with confidence to challenge people who walk in without masks. I was on Wickes the other day and walked around a corner and there were two mid twenties builders looking at power tools unmasked.

Signs all over the door of course but no one on the door to enforce the rules.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One or two good points..... Before it slowly starts sliding downhill towards conspiracy theory loopiness. People really need to get a grip here, there is NO conspiracy around Covid - 19, there may be some dodgy dealing financial corruption, which is always the way when there is any kind of crisis, someone finds a way to make more money.

Oh for the days when the only conspiracy theories were Roswell , JFK and Elvis.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No the virus is real but the response to it is the concerning bit.
The response has been on a range from inept through complacent to methodical depending on the value of a life/cost to the economy per nation. There is no clever conspiracy linking nations and regimes in a concerted effort to enslave humanity... We can't even sort a track and trace!

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
As I posted on the other thread for this:

I thought it was just me to begin with, but 5 other people I know are also unable to download it today due to our phones being too old or not having the correct software or some such thing. I think I got my current Samsung in 2016, but I can't be sure.

Have got the same problem with my iphone6. Heard on BBC that some 30% of Iphones are too old to update to the required operating system which seems a lot. Don't know about Android phones but clearly some have that problem too.

Wonder why the problem? Don't recall ever downloading an app which required the latest iOS system!

I do find it very depressing that so many aspects of the response to this pandemic have been badly handled and/or miscommunicated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The wife and I went out for a meal in Shoreham last night for only the 2nd time since lockdown (her birthday treat), and we don't have a modern smart phone so we happily signed the book/register with name and home phone contact details. Looking briefly at the list apparently in the last couple of days a B Bunny, E Presley, and one Lionel Messi had apparently signed in with their details!

Who ultimately checks that any of the details provided are accurate as where we were last night it seemed there were pages upon pages of hand written numbers and names from the last couple of weeks - many at a cursory glance looking very suspicious (even a John Doe was apparently in last night)? I'm sure many people will use their modern phones to log in or register but it seems pretty daft if you can put a fictitious name and number down if you so wish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here