Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] NHS CV19 tracing app.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes. Bearing in mind it takes virtually no effort and no cost to install it, and the fact that it might do some good, but won't do any harm, why on earth would anyone not 'bother with it'?
The way its draining my battery is astounding, going to have to switch if off if I'm not out anywhere

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So basically, you're saying you have a problem in playing your part in trying to suppress this virus.

Does being asked to wash your hands also piss you off?

If we think wearing a mask is going to suppress the virus, then we should all stop driving cars because cars cause accidents that kill and maim people. Life is full of risks. If you're not willing to take any then lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life. I've got a life to live and I'm willing to take some sensible risks in order to enjoy it.

As for hand washing, I just love these signs popping up all over the place telling us how to wash our hands. It's about time the government started treating us like adults and assuming we might just know how to wash our hands. Anyway, who is paying for these stupid "nanny state" signs? No doubt the tax payer. That's all right then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we think wearing a mask is going to suppress the virus, then we should all stop driving cars because cars cause accidents that kill and maim people. Life is full of risks. If you're not willing to take any then lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life. I've got a life to live and I'm willing to take some sensible risks in order to enjoy it.

As for hand washing, I just love these signs popping up all over the place telling us how to wash our hands. It's about time the government started treating us like adults and assuming we might just know how to wash our hands. Anyway, who is paying for these stupid "nanny state" signs? No doubt the tax payer. That's all right then.

He has now left this thread, so use any time you'd spend replying on something more constructive.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have the App, haven't noticed an significant change in battery usage (Motorola G around 2 years old) . Am I doing something wrong?

nope. its bluetooth, its prone to using battery on some phones not so much on others.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Comes down to the same ol' thing: responsible members of society trying to do what's best for people they know and people they don't know vs selfish covidiots convinced of their own immortality and furk everybody else :shrug:

Not necessarily. It might be a question of whether you think anything this government does is going to work. They haven't got a very good record of thinking things through, covering all the angles.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not necessarily. It might be a question of whether you think anything this government does is going to work. They haven't got a very good record of thinking things through, covering all the angles.

We won’t get anywhere if people think like that. One day the other lot will form a Government. Should all the Tory voters not comply with whatever is needed to combat whatever crisis we will be facing ? Sorry, but thinking like yours is the reason America is completely doomed by partisan, divisive difference. Would be great if we didn’t go the same way.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We won’t get anywhere if people think like that. One day the other lot will form a Government. Should all the Tory voters not comply with whatever is needed to combat whatever crisis we will be facing ? Sorry, but thinking like yours is the reason America is completely doomed by partisan, divisive difference. Would be great if we didn’t go the same way.

I would tend to agree, but I trust the current government far far less than any other government I have seen in my 67 year long lifetime. They have gone ofv at a tangent at every opportunity and normally messed it up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would tend to agree, but I trust the current government far far less than any other government I have seen in my 67 year long lifetime. They have gone ofv at a tangent at every opportunity and normally messed it up.

Can you please detail specifically, delving into the technicals as much as you think will help explain, how your trust of the current government has anything at all to do with an app that, at no point, asks for any of your details?

I've worked in InfoSec and I'm struggling to see a reason, so I'd appreciate your input.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Mistrust of this government, indeed most, is common enough. I would say on this singular matter that it would be a major mistake for the vast majority of the population not to get behind. Always have those that row the other way, even in wartime. Have to accept that. But don’t let silly conspiracists or political agendas cloud your normal sensible judgement here. It’s too serious for that. It’s the great test of our times, our grandparents rose to theirs. Don’t fail in your national duty during ours. Just help in every way you can, including this. Takes no time at all.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do I have to download it to give it my 0 out of 5 rating?

You’d better get on it soon as it seems it’s doing alright..

8198b1eb896dd319e663a44a7f055c0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I reported what looked like a glitch as feedback over the weekend. The Venue History records when you enter and when you leave a venue. No idea how it records when you leave cos you don't swipe out AFAIK. So my two venues are recorded as:

Venue#1 15:15 -16:15
Venue#2 16:00 - 00:00

I was only in each venue for about an hour :shrug:

Shome mishtake shirley?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can you please detail specifically, delving into the technicals as much as you think will help explain, how your trust of the current government has anything at all to do with an app that, at no point, asks for any of your details?

I've worked in InfoSec and I'm struggling to see a reason, so I'd appreciate your input.

To be honest, I don't know anything about the technicals and can't delve in to them. It is just an inherent distrust in a government which seems to have tried to start from scratch with track and trace when it probably would have been better to use an augmented existing local authority system, who messed up the supply of PPE and so on. We have also been horrendously busy over the last few days moving stuff back in to our house having been in our motorhome for the last 2.5 months while building work gas been going on.

I am prompted, though, by your reply, that of Portlock Seagull and other comments on here in general actually to look at it. I would not consider myself a Covidiot, always wear a mask when necessary, frown at others in shops who don't and have been horrified at one of my heroes - Van Morrison - producing material from the oppisite pojnt of view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here