Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nosebleed territory for us - only our second excursion this far into the competition since 1978/79.

Lincoln or Liverpool v Arsenal
Burnley v Manchester City or Bournemouth
Brentford v Fulham
Everton v West Ham
Bristol City or Aston Villa v Stoke
Leyton Orient or Tottenham v Chelsea
Newport County v Newcastle
Brighton v Manchester United

I think Sky had one game Live on each of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week, so we have to be a decent chance of being featured next week if they go the same way.

Liverpool are playing Arsenal in the league on Monday, so their game, assuming Liverpool beat Lincoln, is likely to be Thursday as neither play until the following Sunday in the league. That's sure to be selected.

Spurs v Chelsea another choice depending on what happens with the Orient v Spurs game. If that whole bit is postponed then that removes some big clubs from TV selection completely, further improving our chances.

Presumably other games will be no the Carabo Live thingummy anyway, but a Sky showing will save some people a tenner and mean we can be patronised as the pundits try to pretend we don't exist.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
Sky have 4 matches for this round this season, with the other 4 on the Carabao site. Then all games from QF onwards on Sky.

I'd say our game is nailed on for Sky on the Tuesday. Newcastle Weds (as playing Sunday), Arsenal Thurs (as playing Monday) and the other slot for whenever Chelsea know who their opponent is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Weird innit. Playing Man Utd at home on Saturday, and then again on Tuesday would have sent most of us into convulting spasms a few years ago. Now, even though we can't attend, its still all got a little bit routine. I'm not saying I'm "meh" about it, far from it. But I'd have been literally pissing the bed in my 20's if we had these games coming up. Looking forward to them, but not much more than I look forward to most other BHA games, other than Middlesbrough obvs.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Weird innit. Playing Man Utd at home on Saturday, and then again on Tuesday would have sent most of us into convulting spasms a few years ago. Now, even though we can't attend, its still all got a little bit routine. I'm not saying I'm "meh" about it, far from it. But I'd have been literally pissing the bed in my 20's if we had these games coming up. Looking forward to them, but not much more than I look forward to most other BHA games, other than Middlesbrough obvs.

I agree with you, even 3 years ago in our first season it was all really exciting... now I’m meh about them as we’ve played all these teams now multiple times so the excitement of a new team has worn off...

Just hope the results are more Brighton 17/18 & 18/19, than Brighton 19/20 against United!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree with you, even 3 years ago in our first season it was all really exciting... now I’m meh about them as we’ve played all these teams now multiple times so the excitement of a new team has worn off...

Just hope the results are more Brighton 17/18 & 18/19, than Brighton 19/20 against United!

I'd settle for win one, lose one, either way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could be joint third favourites to win the whole blooming thing

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
It's certainly a mouthwatering draw, I think the one in bold will be what SKy will opt for and will be what viewers want to see....

Liverpool v Arsenal
Burnley v Manchester City
Brentford v Fulham
Everton v West Ham
Bristol City or Aston Villa v Stoke
Tottenham v Chelsea
Newport County v Newcastle
Brighton v Manchester United

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Next round isn't until the end of December so no need this time.

Not sure there was much of a need before, really, given the current fan-less state of games.

I quite like the "this is what you could win" nature of knowing what you'll get next if you progress.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I actually think playing the games quickly and having the draw in advance has added something this season. I'd like to see it stay. Clubs can use it to get their larger squads match fit which is beneficial. I may be looking at this through blue and white rose tinted glasses but seems a good idea to me to get early rounds done early in the season and then get down to the last 16 quickly.

Clubs seeing what they could have in the next round possibly allows better planning around who plays in what games. I can only think that is advantageous to the clubs involved. And Roy Hodgson, having just been knocked out, had some kind of moan up about it, so that's another reason to like it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I actually think playing the games quickly and having the draw in advance has added something this season. I'd like to see it stay. Clubs can use it to get their larger squads match fit which is beneficial. I may be looking at this through blue and white rose tinted glasses but seems a good idea to me to get early rounds done early in the season and then get down to the last 16 quickly.

Clubs seeing what they could have in the next round possibly allows better planning around who plays in what games. I can only think that is advantageous to the clubs involved. And Roy Hodgson, having just been knocked out, had some kind of moan up about it, so that's another reason to like it.

Does add a little dash of spice to a heavily yoghurted korma of a competition.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
To think some people wanted us out of the cup :ffsparr:

I think I said to 1 of them the other week that if we got a Manchester United in the quarter final, loads of fans would want to go. Well, it’s the 4th Round and I would absolutely love to go if I could.

Now look, 2 games against them in 1 week. If that isn’t the BIG TIME for us, then I don’t know what is.

They are both winnable as well.

Could be one of the biggest weeks in the club’s history in terms of results.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BHAFC v MUFC live on Sky, Wednesday 19:45 KO

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here