Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Facebook lockout

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Last resort posting here. Been locked out of Fb for a week now, someone had compromised my account (poss hacker had added another recovery email, which I changed). My account has a two-stage login security but I can't access the (old) phone number to get the code! I keep filling out their FB recovery forms, providing photo ID, three times now but cannot get further than this phone code requirement. Anyone else had this issue and can help? Can't find any useful advice, and wasted hours on this now. No one ever responds from FB, no surprise there.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can nobody at WASP help? Or Marina, maybe. Bet it was that pesky Titan.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
In all seriousness, have you had request after request of Africans you've never met or known wanting to be a friend on there? Whatever you do, don't or I hope you haven't done that. It's a scam to get personal details. I hardly ever go on there but because I have downloaded more apps due to the lockdown/illness, they think there will be rich pickings - no point. I never bank or use credit cards online.

Good luck. Hope everything turns out ok for you. :thumbsup:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Last resort posting here. Been locked out of Fb for a week now, someone had compromised my account (poss hacker had added another recovery email, which I changed). My account has a two-stage login security but I can't access the (old) phone number to get the code! I keep filling out their FB recovery forms, providing photo ID, three times now but cannot get further than this phone code requirement. Anyone else had this issue and can help? Can't find any useful advice, and wasted hours on this now. No one ever responds from FB, no surprise there.

locked out of Faceache, probably the best thing that can happen to anybody

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Gave it up nearly 2 years ago, don't miss it in the slightest. Take it as a sign.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Yes I think the hacker might be Vietnamese. I do spend time there, and have accepted a few requests recently. Very frustrating as FB have zero interest in helping me or get my account back, despite me uploading ID as requested etc etc

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
all your fb.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Always amuses me the utter SLAGGING Facebook gets on here. I'm by no means a prolific user, but its handy to keep touch with friends and family who you do not necessarily see very regularly. Same with people who crucify Twitter, when (very much depending on who you follow), it can be an excellent resource for info, communication and plentiful amusing stuff for a bogread.

The tedious BUMHATS who post every tiny event from their empty lives are of course to be avoided. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. There's plenty to avoid, if you actually calibrate it right.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I can always send you photos of people's dinner if you're missing Facebook that much?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No chance - they don't respond when you try to contact them. My FB account was hacked by some Japanese or Chinese cvnt, and closed by FB for "inappropriate contact" - it may well have been, but as I can't read thise languages I wouldn't know!

I made a second account, just to keep in touch with a particular FB stream (local gigs in my area) but that's all I use it for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here