[Albion] Further Transfer Business

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Still need another left(/wing) back.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Get on the match day thread.

We are expected to beat top six at home now. Folk having kittens about losing to a side who bring on £120m+ worth of talent that changes the game.

Totally unacceptable conceding goals to that lot.

“Don’t you get it? We should be beating Man Utd with our 2nd team 3-0!

We should be playing great football and cutting Billionaire Chelsea to shreds to win 2-0!

If we don’t then Potter needs to go. It’s not good enough.”

[emoji2]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Need a defensive midfielder as much as a striker.

21 goals conceded in last 7 home games v prem teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that's a joke. Six of those seven games were against last year's top four. In the other, we kept a clean sheet. Discounting the games against those four teams, we have conceded three times in our last nine games. Potter is doing what Albion fans cursed Hughton for not doing and trying to go toe to toe with the big boys. It's not worked as yet, but it was so close at the weekend.

When it does come it will be glorious. Imagine not just nicking a win against one of them having defended like Trojans, not just nicking a goal on the counterattack, but actually playing them at their own game, being the better side and coming away with a victory that they could have no complaints about. Some will say its not possible with our squad, but we saw Saturday with our own eyes and we know it was close enough to taste.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor, The Athletic :

"There is no urgency to add to the squad before Monday night's worldwide window deadline, aside from the capture of Zeqiri."

( The wording doesn't rule out the football league transfer window after Monday's deadline. )

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
12 goals in 5 matches in all competitions so far this season. Average of 2 goals per match in the PL. Average of 1.5 goals per game against top 6 opposition.

Sometimes I just despair where our next goal is coming from ........................................

I'll counter you there though!

We've only won one of those in the PL, and mickey mouse cups against lower league oppo arent really indicative of our PL chances.

Yes we are playing attractive football and we are creating chances, but the reason we are doing that in large part is we've given up a fair bit of defensive solidity to play further up the pitch, that's giving more chances for us, its also giving more to our opponents.

Its like Newcasle in the old days, you score 3 we'll score 4, except it will only work when those chances are consistently converted and for that I don't think we have enough attacking goalscorer threat.

Maupay and Connolly are both fine, albeit similar and no height or different option, theyre also a tad inconsistent and an injury away from leaving us with just one out and out striker. Tross and Ali J are not Strikers which ever way you dress it.

Agree we're on the cusp of something special, but to play this defensively riskier system we simply have to convert chances and even if we are OK today, we're just an injury away from the shit.

Wont moan or bitch if we dont, as get the current climate, but we do need it..

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'll counter you there though!

We've only won one of those in the PL, and mickey mouse cups against lower league oppo arent really indicative of our PL chances.

Yes we are playing attractive football and we are creating chances, but the reason we are doing that in large part is we've given up a fair bit of defensive solidity to play further up the pitch, that's giving more chances for us, its also giving more to our opponents.

Its like Newcasle in the old days, you score 3 we'll score 4, except it will only work when those chances are consistently converted and for that I don't think we have enough attacking goalscorer threat.

Maupay and Connolly are both fine, albeit similar and no height or different option, theyre also a tad inconsistent and an injury away from leaving us with just one out and out striker. Tross and Ali J are not Strikers which ever way you dress it.

Agree we're on the cusp of something special, but to play this defensively riskier system we simply have to convert chances and even if we are OK today, we're just an injury away from the shit.

Wont moan or bitch if we dont, as get the current climate, but we do need it..

This. Missing out on Nunez (assuming we did) is looking like it was quite a big deal. If we want to play 2 up front, we’re (at least) one senior striker short. If we had a Danny Ings, we’d be three from three I reckon.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This. Missing out on Nunez (assuming we did) is looking like it was quite a big deal. If we want to play 2 up front, we’re (at least) one senior striker short. If we had a Danny Ings, we’d be three from three I reckon.

Continue to think this is the point our season went south. Inability to sign a decent striker - even one who could take a pen would have half a dozen goals!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like Edouard is off to Leicester for £15M

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fantastic value.

We should be all over that. But I don’t think we could compete with Leicester monetarily or due to the Rodgers link who obviously worked with him before.

Agreed- Leicester will easily pay £100k wages, and like you say he knows the manager. Shame we couldn't get the deal done when Hughton was here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here