Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Further Transfer Business

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
12 days left on this window.

Outgoings: Stephens, Murray, Duffy, Montoya, Knockeart, Button, Mooy, Locadia, Clarke few other youngsters out on loan.
Incomings: Lallana, Veltman and return from White and Molumby from loan spells and a few for the development squad.

Surely we've saved a fair bit on the wage bill and we've only spent £900,000 so far on first team players. Not entirely sure how much we've gained from transfers out but guessing we're currently in decent profit.

Widely reported we're looking to bring in a striker and left wing back possibly a defensive midfielder too if Molumby goes back out on loan. Bernardo and March have also been linked with moves away.. The latter I doubt we'd let go.

Anyone got any predictions on how this is gonna go? I'm happy with the current squad but it does feel like we're slacking a little bit.. Hoping we don't get rid of anymore players squad starting to look a little bit thin.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think there will be a new striker coming in, probably not until the last days of the window, and if Bernardo leaves perhaps a new left back.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Outgoings: Stephens, Murray, Duffy, Montoya, Knockeart, Button, Mooy, Locadia, Clarke few other youngsters out on loan.
Incomings: Lallana, Veltman and return from White and Molumby from loan spells and a few for the development squad.

Surely we've saved a fair bit on the wage bill and we've only spent £900,000 so far on first team players. Not entirely sure how much we've gained from transfers out but guessing we're currently in decent profit.

Widely reported we're looking to bring in a striker and left wing back possibly a defensive midfielder too if Molumby goes back out on loan. Bernardo and March have also been linked with moves away.. The latter I doubt we'd let go.

Anyone got any predictions on how this is gonna go? I'm happy with the current squad but it does feel like we're slacking a little bit.. Hoping we don't get rid of anymore players squad starting to look a little bit thin.

We're about £15m in profit from the dealings so far I believe.

Not a chance Solly's going anywhere and I would doubt the logic of letting Molumby go back out on loan and then signing someone for a position he can cover.

A striker will be the only significant signing IMO.

I think it'll be ORIGI.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

We are currently +£14.4m this window.

With an improved, and appropriately streamlined squad.

Great work Tony :thumbsup:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
We're about £15m in profit from the dealings so far I believe.

Not a chance Solly's going anywhere and I would doubt the logic of letting Molumby go back out on loan and then signing someone for a position he can cover.

A striker will be the only significant signing IMO.

I think it'll be ORIGI.

I hope you're right.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I think we have spent more on players going into the under 23's, but hard to tell with our top secret transfer fee policy.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In fairness we're not doing too bad so far? in profit and playing decent football. Got no doubts we will bring a few players but I can see it being more about quality than quantity?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think there will be a new striker coming in, probably not until the last days of the window, and if Bernardo leaves perhaps a new left back.
If Bernardo goes, then BDB will just do what he did last season when called upon. Yes,of course the squad can always be improved, but I'm quite relaxed about what we've got at the moment. Only worry would be if Molumby doesn't stay - that would leave us a bit light, as i think Sanders needs to go out on loan to the Championship for a season at this stage.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We are currently +£14.4m this window.

With an improved, and appropriately streamlined squad.

Great work Tony :thumbsup:

Yeah This.

With the club looking to lose even more matchday revenue this season, the club has done some very sensible business.

Any further inbound will have to be at the right price and wages.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah This.

With the club looking to lose even more matchday revenue this season, the club has done some very sensible business.

Any further inbound will have to be at the right price and wages.

No doubt but if we wanna stay in the cups and be fully prepared for the league, can't help but feel we are 2 or 3 injuries away from potential disaster especially in the forward areas. Sensible signings is a must but if they are available and for sensible prices and Potter wants them we should always look to improve. As much as I think what we currently have will do the job I would be a tad disappointed if we don't strengthen the squad up a bit.

If Bernardo and Molumby go with no replacements that would just be ridiculous considering how many first team squad members we've already let leave.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Think we have trimmed all of the excess out of the squad re 1st team high earners.. We now need to sign a couple of quality players in key areas to re balance the squad THEN it could be described as a positive window. Thus far, it has been al about cost cutting which has become increasingly concerning when compared to the business being completed in the rest of the league.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
In fairness we're not doing too bad so far? in profit and playing decent football. Got no doubts we will bring a few players but I can see it being more about quality than quantity?

That appears to be the objective just worried we may leave it right to the wire and overpay especially if one of our forwards picks up an injury. The club are so good at keeping cards close to their chest we have no idea whether we're completely done or it's gonna be an extremely busy ten days or so.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just on wages, we've given new contracts to White and Dunk, (probably others, I forget) and I doubt Lallana comes cheap, so we're almost certainly paying more than last year, despite losing Muzza and potentially Stephens

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Think we have trimmed all of the excess out of the squad re 1st team high earners.. We now need to sign a couple of quality players in key areas to re balance the squad THEN it could be described as a positive window. Thus far, it has been al about cost cutting which has become increasingly concerning when compared to the business being completed in the rest of the league.

I think it's only West Ham doing less than us on the incomings front. We surely can't trim the squad anymore..

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That appears to be the objective just worried we may leave it right to the wire and overpay especially if one of our forwards picks up an injury. The club are so good at keeping cards close to their chest we have no idea whether we're completely done or it's gonna be an extremely busy ten days or so.

I'm sure BBA&P know what they are doing, I honestly don't think we've lost any player so far that has weakened us?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Just on wages, we've given new contracts to White and Dunk, (probably others, I forget) and I doubt Lallana comes cheap, so we're almost certainly paying more than last year, despite losing Muzza and potentially Stephens

We have removed Stephens/Duffy/Murray/Button/Mooy/Montoya/Schelotto wages....When you add that up, I cannot for a second think we are spending more on wages than last year considering the amount of first team regulars have gone.

We have lso bagged 10 mill from AK
Obviously fees for sales of Mooy and Montoya/Button
Loan fees for GM and Duffy

All in all apart from an outlay of 900k on Veltman we havent spent out at all, and it would be prudent to think that any manger trimming his squad so thoroughly would at least get a few players back in return for key areas.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No doubt but if we wanna stay in the cups and be fully prepared for the league, can't help but feel we are 2 or 3 injuries away from potential disaster especially in the forward areas. Sensible signings is a must but if they are available and for sensible prices and Potter wants them we should always look to improve. As much as I think what we currently have will do the job I would be a tad disappointed if we don't strengthen the squad up a bit.

If Bernardo and Molumby go with no replacements that would just be ridiculous considering how many first team squad members we've already let leave.

I can't see Molumby and Stephens going, that would seem a bit nuts.

I think we are nearing the point where any further outgoings should be matched with a new signing.

I don't agree that 2 or 3 injuries would end in disaster though.
We have a decent coach and a deep squad of versatile players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see it being a busy ten days myself. The main business, I think, will be finding suitable loan placements for the likes of Cochrane, Yapi, Roberts, Jenks, Cashman, Sanders, Gwargis and maybe Gyokeres if he's not going to stay as 3rd./4th. striker. Could be an interesting season following League 1 and The Championship this year!
Does anybody know, does this have to be done before the first window shuts, or the second one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here