Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Further Transfer Business

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Because some people are never happy unless they’re moaning - even when, and not just since the 80’s, it’s the best team I’ve seen in my 46 years of following the Albion playing some unbelievable football

Can't really agree with you.

Liverpool won the league by 20 something points, then went out and bought, Jota and Thiago.

There's always room for improvement, even if you're playing well.

I agree that we are playing brilliantly, that we should be able to avoid a dogfight, and that there are a few persistent people moaning at the club for not spending big on fees, but if the right player is available at the right price, the club should, and i'm confident will, spend big

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The best strikers we’ve ever had in my lifetime were from non league Burton Albion and Bristol Rovers
Both went on to play for England

It’s not where the striker comes from it’s where he takes us!

Murray is surely the best striker given the quality of the opposition .....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Really ? You weren't around for Martin Chivers , Frank Worthington or Bobby Smith ?

I was around for Chivers and Worthington but not Bobby Smith, missed by 4 years. All 3 were past their prime when they came to Brighton.

So the stand out for me is Murray in his first season in the PL . All a matter of opinions.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
its difficult to compare like for like across the years and across different leagues but I guess it would have been interesting to see Wardy and Bobby playing for the Albion in that first season in the PL.

But some mentioned both Bobby and Wardy as the best and I think Murray has been as good and potentially better given he did it for more years and at a higher level.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't really agree with you.

Liverpool won the league by 20 something points, then went out and bought, Jota and Thiago.

There's always room for improvement, even if you're playing well.

I agree that we are playing brilliantly, that we should be able to avoid a dogfight, and that there are a few persistent people moaning at the club for not spending big on fees, but if the right player is available at the right price, the club should, and i'm confident will, spend big

We stayed up relatively comfortably in the end, then signed two experienced CL players.......if the striker we want is available, sure we’ll do business.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have to sign a striker. Yet more evidence we are toothless unless both our strikers play. What if one gets injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If Maupay gets crocked we’ll be lucky to score ten goals all season across the whole team without some new back up.

Would be more worried if Trossard got injured - looks the major goal scorer to me over the season

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need a defensive midfielder as much as a striker.

21 goals conceded in last 7 home games v prem teams.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If Maupay gets crocked we’ll be lucky to score ten goals all season across the whole team without some new back up.

Now that is even more negative than I would post!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Need a defensive midfielder as much as a striker.

21 goals conceded in last 7 home games in league.

Who were we playing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let the knees jerk........... Time to log off NSC :lol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As you probably know:

United x2
City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle

Get on the match day thread.

We are expected to beat top six at home now. Folk having kittens about losing to a side who bring on £120m+ worth of talent that changes the game.

Totally unacceptable conceding goals to that lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here