Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I’ve never liked the bloke but I’ve just been listening to TalkSPORT

David Sullivan has been on basically telling everyone he’s the world’s greatest chairman and how difficult it is but he’s doing everything he can for West Ham

This was followed by a number of supporters wanting him out and saying who they should have signed

Jordan allowed them to say their piece and then told each one the facts of the matter and how clubs should be operating and conducting themselves

I thought he came across really well and talked a lot of sense

I’ll certainly have more time for him from now on.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've been listening to him for a while now and must admit I enjoy his output. Usually very knowledgeable and well balanced views.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I agree - although slightly pompous and 'I know more than you' he does generally make some very good points on most areas

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yeah he often speaks quite sensibly about most things.

I mean he does love the sound of his own voice I think.... but often shamefully I find myself agreeing with him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I personally enjoy when he regularly makes Jim White look like the slime that he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed.

I don't get to hear him very often - I'm not entirely sure when he's on, if indeed he has a regular slot - but talks a lot sense.

Still a Palace wanker though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I agree - although slightly pompous and 'I know more than you' he does generally make some very good points on most areas

Yep - I enjoyed the podcast series he did with Danny Kelly and this sums it up. Interesting to hear from someone who has been there, done it and had his fingers burnt. You just need to get past the pomposity.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think he is the best on Talk Sport. Rather then just pundits interesting to hear from somebody that has run a club. Incidently was he supportive of Sullivan.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was it one or two administrations under his ownership? I hear him handing out his sage advice to other chairman and chuckle a little bit.

Good value though and I don’t dislike him

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just turned out - won't last long because Trevor Sinclair is on there. He was on last week saying there was systematic racism in football still, how he had no opportunities in management etc etc. Probably nothing to do with his convictions for assault and racially abusing a police officer...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Both Jordan and Parrish are alright by me.

Wilf is a decent sort as well. He's my favourite pantomime villain and I can't wait to BOO him again in person - but he seems a nice chap IRL.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Having listened to that interview myself the one question I have is he said Moyes’s symptoms were a sore throat which he put down to shouting, I thought a sore throat IS NOT a symptom of Covid 19 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve never liked the bloke but I’ve just been listening to TalkSPORT

David Sullivan has been on basically telling everyone he’s the world’s greatest chairman and how difficult it is but he’s doing everything he can for West Ham

This was followed by a number of supporters wanting him out and saying who they should have signed

Jordan allowed them to say their piece and then told each one the facts of the matter and how clubs should be operating and conducting themselves

I thought he came across really well and talked a lot of sense

I’ll certainly have more time for him from now on.

Thanks Simon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed.

I don't get to hear him very often - I'm not entirely sure when he's on, if indeed he has a regular slot - but talks a lot sense.

Still a Palace wanker though.

TalkSPORT Monday-Thursday, 10am-1pm.

As is the general consensus on here unfortunately I've found myself agreeing with a lot he says, and the forthright way he puts it across. He speaks his mind without being overly bothered if it upsets someone, and cuts right across the DRIVEL routinely spouted by that sycophantic cretin Jim Shite.

You do get the impression that if he was an ice cream he'd lick himself though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was it one or two administrations under his ownership? I hear him handing out his sage advice to other chairman and chuckle a little bit.

Good value though and I don’t dislike him

He's always pretty up-front about the fact that he made a lot of mistakes and f*cked things up. He's speaking from a position of experience now, having learned a harsh lesson from those mistakes.

Incidentally, his book Be Careful What You Wish For is a cracking read, some amazing anecdotes from behind the glossy curtain of the PL.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Jordan’s autobiography is well worth a read.

???

JORDAN.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here