Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Frank Lampard

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Already has the look of a dead man walking doesn't he.

Had his free hit. Now, having spent more than any club ever in a transfer window, there's a Russian gangster with Frank's head on the block.

Just watched his press conference. He's two losses from the SACK and he knows IT.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think he will get a little bit more time than that... but definitely could see him getting sacked before christmas. Its rarely a good idea to coach your favorite club, especially not when you are quite new as a manager.

Guess they'll bring in old Guus again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think he will get a little bit more time than that... but definitely could see him getting sacked before christmas. Its rarely a good idea to coach your favorite club, especially not when you are quite new as a manager.

Guess they'll bring in old Guus again.
Poyet? [emoji23]

SAC

May 21, 2014
Chelsea have three PL games in a row that they will be expected to win, 7 if Man U are still shit. If they are not top, or close to it by the end of November he will get the tin tack.

I quite like him and think he did well last season, or better than I expected. He will get a lovely pay off and will easily get a new job in management.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Already has the look of a dead man walking doesn't he.

Had his free hit. Now, having spent more than any club ever in a transfer window, there's a Russian gangster with Frank's head on the block.

Just watched his press conference. He's two losses from the SACK and he knows IT.

He’s doing alright, I thought.
They did pretty well last season and their start to this season has gone about as expected.
It’s not his fault he’s playing a dodgy keeper. They’re trying to sort that.
It’s Ole who should be worried.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He’s doing alright, I thought.
They did pretty well last season and their start to this season has gone about as expected.
It’s not his fault he’s playing a dodgy keeper. They’re trying to sort that.
It’s Ole who should be worried.
How much did plucky Frank's Chelsea spend on that dodgy keeper btw?

No excuses. You break the all time transfer spend in one window, Roman will want you to deliver the title (that auto corrected to turtle, he's probably got one of those already) or at least get close.

I can't see Chelsea doing that.

Agree re Ole, although I think he'll be more likely to be "given time to shape his team".

All utter bollocks when they have squads full of £60m+ players on ridiculous wages of course.... [emoji23]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How much did plucky Frank's Chelsea spend on that dodgy keeper btw?

No excuses. You break the all time transfer spend in one window, Roman will want you to deliver the title (that auto corrected to turtle, he's probably got one of those already) or at least get close.

I can't see Chelsea doing that.

Agree re Ole, although I think he'll be more likely to be "given time to shape his team".

All utter bollocks when they have squads full of £60m+ players on ridiculous wages of course.... [emoji23]

That keeper is a £79m disaster , but not a Frank signing.
If the expectation is Chelsea win the title, or even come second, then expect to see Frank and his diminishing barnet punditing in a TV studio quite soon. I do like himthough - English manager, brilliant player, seems alright as a bloke.
As for Ole, he’s been given too long already. The latest example of post-Ferguson United finding a way to get it wrong. If we are in the mood this weekend, I fancy us to turn them over.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Frank will be the Chelsea manager for some time to come.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ah, don't get me wrong. I quite like the chubby faced, children's book writing, loves 'is mum goal wizard.

It's just that he seems to have gone from cheeky chappy, "look at all these young players I'm bringing through wiv no signings (ignoring the fact that the squad he had last season still cost more than our stadium and they had a £50m Pulisic up their sleeve) cockerney geezer, to Phil Mitchell "you taking to me you ****, get aaht my pub" in the space of two weeks.

The stress is palpable. It will be interesting to see how he copes now the dice have been rolled by the big man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he’ll crack if things don’t go his way, last season was a free hit, the expectations are now top 3 minimum. He has plenty of players to keep happy and that in itself is an art.

I will be very surprised if he’s still at Chelsea at the end of the season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lars Siverson (who gave a very decent account of the club in the Pre Season rundown) said, while discussing the Newcastle game, words to the effect of:-

'When Brighton played Chelsea I was struck by the fact I was obviously watching an intelligent young English manager, who has coached his players well, is smart and clearly very impressive...

...and Frank Lampard, as well'. :lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Half the signings haven’t played yet.

Havertz seems bang average though. Can’t see him doing much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Lars Siverson (who gave a very decent account of the club in the Pre Season rundown) said, while discussing the Newcastle game, words to the effect of:-

'When Brighton played Chelsea I was struck by the fact I was obviously watching an intelligent young English manager, who has coached his players well, is smart and clearly very impressive...

...and Frank Lampard, as well'. :lolol:

Whenever I read one of Swansman's posts, it's in the voice of Lars Sivertsen in my head :smile:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good.
Claimed youth was the way to go, they got him to 4th and now he’s spent millions to replace them.
Fraud springs to mind.
Playing players out of position won’t win you games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Could end up going the way of Shearer I recon. (i.e. Tried managing his lifelong club, swiftly followed by "Didn't he used to be a coach?", "Oh yeah, I remember that!")

Should have done the sensible thing like Gerrard and learned his trade outside the PL. When you think of the pressure, the expectation and the serious competition in this league, he has one of the most difficult jobs a new young manager could take on. Then when you factor in the added interest because of who he is and his Chelsea history, it was always going to be too much to ask IMO.

Not sure he is manager material anyway to be honest.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Personally feel he got the Chelsea job way too early. Also, I don't think he has much say in the transfers.. Very much a first team coach rather than a manager chelsea seem to have the biggest recruitment team in world football. Although saying that apparently he did give the green light for Lamptey to leave so I'd be questioning his judgement on that alone if I was a director at Chelsea.

If they're cut adrift by January I think he'll be gone. The expectation of that club is to win the majors of football. I think the only way he saves his job if if he finishes top 3 or wins a trophy. Even that wouldn't be good enough for some but because he's arguably the best player they've ever had he will get a little more leeway.

You're right though he doesn't look very happy at the moment.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Splurged loads in the transfer market but at least he hasn’t compounded the error by letting red hot young homegrown talent walk out the door for something silly like four million quid.

Oh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whenever I read one of Swansman's posts, it's in the voice of Lars Sivertsen in my head :smile:

Nah

tenor.gif

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He hasn’t got a clue.

As I said a couple of weeks ago but was told by a couple of posters I was wrong, he is tactically naive. He showed that last season and is again now. There is no plan at all and no way he should be in charge of a club that size with the players he’s got, he’s totally wasting them.

As someone brilliantly said on one of the podcasts I listen to, he is Tim Sherwood with A-Levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here