Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ok, please explain how ‘free’ football works using Firestick or equivalent?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How’s it basically, and briefly, work please?
What, precisely, need to buy and install including ‘upgrades’ any hidden costs, or not initially apparent?
What football competitions, and or matches if only part, are included?
Is it effectively a way to watch EVERY Brighton fixture, inc.cup games if selected for coverage by a ‘mainstream’ media outlet?
The catches...all of ‘em please?! Because it sounds too good to be true so probably is...
Why does anyone, never mind millions of subscribers, pay considerably more for football packages spread across nearly a dozen different providers if firestick negates need to, plus, at a fraction of the total cost?

Would really appreciate some help. Thanking you in advance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, thread title doesn't start with 'So', so I'm out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PM sent.

For those that asked about this at the start of the year, I see there's a new build available for TV and films.

I know my version needs updating so I'll be doing that later.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can’t discuss this in public as you don’t know who’s reading but somebody the other day on a match thread invited PMs for information regarding this, can’t remember whom though.

autopsyturvey

Feb 24, 2018
If it's no bother, I'd like this info too, please. I'm handy enough with finding streams, but I wonder exactly what the set up described here is. I haven't ever found a really reliable, user friendly option

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Coming soon to NSC

How do I fiddle my gas meter?

What is the best pick set for breaking into a patio door?

What is your flick knife of choice?

Are there any other great ways of giving my money to the Russian Mafia?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All sounds a bit iffy to me :whistle:

All I do know (read it in The Sporting Chronicle) is that some providers have been infiltrated by big providers posing as customers, then the servers are compromised.

Apparently.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'd be grateful for a PM, too. I'm using an Nvidia Shield TV Pro, but it runs Android like the Firestick, so I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How’s it basically, and briefly, work please?
What, precisely, need to buy and install including ‘upgrades’ any hidden costs, or not initially apparent?
What football competitions, and or matches if only part, are included?
Is it effectively a way to watch EVERY Brighton fixture, inc.cup games if selected for coverage by a ‘mainstream’ media outlet?
The catches...all of ‘em please?! Because it sounds too good to be true so probably is...
Why does anyone, never mind millions of subscribers, pay considerably more for football packages spread across nearly a dozen different providers if firestick negates need to, plus, at a fraction of the total cost?

Would really appreciate some help. Thanking you in advance.

The firestick is a streaming device, it connects to the internet and runs Amazon tv, if you tinker with it you can get apps you would not normally be able to, some of which provide content that they shouldn't.
Every Premier league game is broadcast live somewhere in the world, and naughty people are worldwide so they are all online somewhere.
Not all cup games are broadcast so you won't find those.
It is not too good to be true, in the sense that you can get anything for free if you are happy to steal it, but there are consequences if you are caught stealing, which might make free suddenly very expensive.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Several reasons I guess, it's moderately complicated to do, it's illegal and it's not the same quality as, for instance, a satellite broadcast. On the plus side, you can watch, almost literally, any sporting event in the world that's televised and it'll cost you £50 to setup and then a few quid a month for a VPN.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Coming soon to NSC

How do I fiddle my gas meter?

What is the best pick set for breaking into a patio door?

What is your flick knife of choice?

Are there any other great ways of giving my money to the Russian Mafia?
Are all the answers to those questions also freely available on YouTube, with handy idiot proof tutorials?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Are all the answers to those questions also freely available on YouTube, with handy idiot proof tutorials?

No idea but the OP thought it was a great idea to ask how to break the law on a public forum with a prominent poster who works for the Police. Is this "Taking Back Control"? We get to pick and choose the laws we decide to break and flaunt the fact. Not like the UK Government would do ..... Oh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No idea but the OP thought it was a great idea to ask how to break the law on a public forum with a prominent poster who works for the Police. Is this "Taking Back Control"? We get to pick and choose the laws we decide to break and flaunt the fact. Not like the UK Government would do ..... Oh.

Yes you are correct.
As I was inferring it's kind of tough to climb to the moral high ground when the entire process is laid on a plate in such a way even a moron like me can understand.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

I can assure you there’s more than one regular poster on here who works for the Police

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yes you are correct.
As I was inferring it's kind of tough to climb to the moral high ground when the entire process is laid on a plate in such a way even a moron like me can understand.

I wasn't taking the moral high ground - I just find the amount of people willing to brazenly admit to breaking the law on a public forum quite scary. And if you pay money to do it, you are likely funding some very unsavoury characters.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Unfortunately you are spot ... Fox Hunting being a classic which the police often assist, Cummings little trip and of course wanting to tear up an international contract because thy did not agree what they signed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Connect your computer and your TV with an HDMI cable and tada, life is much easier and you'll never have to watch regular TV again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here